No announcement yet.

Saddle Bags Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everybody!! Been a long time since I was on this site, (Hell almost a year!!) but the truth is, not only did my baby break down again, but my computer also went out !! I finally found a mechanic out here that actually knew how to fix my bike, and have spent the last few weeks riding like no tomorrow, and I actually had to buy a new computer, my tower in the shop is a custom, but they are clueless in the fact I need it back!!! I took it in, around march..............go figure.......anyway, not to get off topic, I have bags on my touring model 81' XS11G, but they are damaged...( cracked on one side, and the lock on one is torn out, so a gaping hole there, and the Vetter fairing has torn edges, from where the original owner, dropped it a few times while stationary- don't ask, he was like 5 ft tall, with no muscle I presume!!) Do they make bags for these anymore. or are there replicas around anywhere???? For the time being, I actually only need the tops on one of them, to lock it, and keep out the elements. Any Ideas??
    80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
    HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

While sitting in a chair, tilt your head back, and watch the wall behind you, instantly become a ceiling....

Comment

You might be able to find different bags for a lot of money, but you had better save the mounting system. You can find lids on ebay occasionally. I have repaired cracks in the sides of the stock bags before. If you go that route, reinforce the insides even where they are not cracked. I used strips of ABS plastic and ABS resin.

Originally posted by ripchord11
      Do they make bags for these anymore. or are there replicas around anywhere???? For the time being, I actually only need the tops on one of them, to lock it, and keep out the elements. Any Ideas??
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Re: Saddle Bags Wanted

Originally posted by washer
        hope someone can help me out I need just one lid or I'll buy all what you got if you have any pics you can email me at mwash1968@yahoo.com just say "Saddle Bags"
        Washer,

I've had some problems with my PC lately and have not been able to get the pictures uploaded. I have not forgot about you. If you still would like to see pictures, just let me know and I will try to take my camera elsewhere to upload the pics I took of the bags and lids. If you've already got what you were looking for, just let me know so I don't have to worry about it right yet.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the interest.
        ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
        '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

bags

yes mitch send me some pics ok still looking

Comment

Washer...

Ok, will do. I'll send them tonight when I get home. I've got a few random junk items I'm going to throw on eBay this evening to clean out my storage room ((making room and money for more bike parts )) and I'll send you those pic's at the same time.

Do me a favor and let me know if and when they come through.
            ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
            '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

bags

surething ill be waiting

Comment

Washer...

Ok washer, pictures have been sent. Subject line is "Saddle Bags" and the email address is uzoo1@hotmail.com.

Let me know if you have any questions.
                ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

Sorry Washer...

Man, I am such a ****. I promise I haven't forgotten about you. I've just got so much going on, I haven't sat down at my home PC in about 4 days. Thanks for being so patient and I will get you those measurements as soon as I can.

Again, I'm sorry this is taking so long and I really appriciate your patience with me.
                  ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                  '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

n/p

Comment

Measurements...

Sorry for the delay washer, the bags I have are 9 inches wide, 20 inches long and 10 inches deep. Length and depth are measured from the maximum points ... peak to peak in length and bottom to top of bag (lid excluded) in depth.

Let me know if you're still interested. Since I've taken so long, I'll give you first dibs. If you don't won't them, and no one else does either, then I'll put them up on eBay for whom ever does.

Just let me know something and we can figure out something from there. Again, sorry it took so long to get you these measurements. Hope they are what you're looking for.
                      ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                      '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

Working...
                      X