Saddle Bags Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddle Bags Wanted

I recently got hold of a brand new mounting system for genuine yamaha saddle bags. I lost bidding on Ebay for a set of bags in restorable shape to a sniper (they should be shot...). If you have a set to sell, please let me know!!

Thanks!

I have a pair with no lids I'd trade for a couple of milk crates that will hold the parts that are in them now.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Geezer -

What Happened to the lids??? If I can locate some, I'll keep in mind the milk crate trade!!

Thanks. Your reply put a smile on my face!!

Comment

Originally posted by fangdoc
        Geezer -

What Happened to the lids??? If I can locate some, I'll keep in mind the milk crate trade!!

Thanks. Your reply put a smile on my face!!
        They came on my 79 project bike sans lids.

BTW, I saw a bike many years ago that the owner had made bags out of milk crates. I have an old set of Pacifico bags that I'm not sure if I'm going to use with the Yamaha mounts or rework the crappy Pacifico mounts.

Geezer

Comment

I have a set of Bates in restorable condition. They will not work with the Yamaha mounts for my '79. The reason I want the correct bags: the mount system I have is Perfect down to the last screw - no rust or pitting - never mounted. It even came with assembly instructions from Yamaha!!!

Comment

There's another set of fleabay right now.

Also be sure to search on XS750 and XS850. Sometimes the same bags were sold for these bikes.

Geezer

Comment

the bates bags look good on these bikes. I have 2 sets of them 1 one on the bike with a vetter thurk and fairing.
              Ralph

Comment

Madbiker - Thanks for the advice on the Bates Bags. The reason I was holding off is the mounts are really badly rusted.

Geezer - What were the bags listed under? I checked all of "XS" and found nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fangdoc
                  Madbiker - Thanks for the advice on the Bates Bags. The reason I was holding off is the mounts are really badly rusted.

Geezer - What were the bags listed under? I checked all of "XS" and found nothing!!!
                  Try searching for xs11* but in this case it's Item number: 4560221670.

Geezer

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Saddle Bags Wanted

hope someone can help me out I need just one lid or I'll buy all what you got if you have any pics you can email me at mwash1968@yahoo.com just say "Saddle Bags"

Comment

Saddle Bags...

FYI -

I have a set of 78 XS11 saddle bags that came with my bike. Both are still the Macho Maroon except for one lid, which is flat black. Both bags have the mounting bars to attach them to the frame. If there are any takers, reply here or PM me and let me know. I'll sit down tonight or tomorrow take pictures for anyone interested.
                        ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                        '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

bags

can you send me a pic of them mwash68@insightbb.com

Comment

home made

I made two tops for my yamaha bags, one was missing from the start then I lost another last fall......made from F/G from a concrete mold made from the original lid........
                            Bruce
                            Bruce Doucette
                            Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

back to home made

desert1
                              how much will you charge to make one for me or can you help me so I can make one

Comment

Working...
                              X