Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative trikie

Hi CruisingRam,
    tell your balance challenged buddy that trikies are a snare & a delusion.
    What he needs is a sidecar.
    If you can't find a used one to buy where you are, any clown with half a brain & a stick welder can build a sidecar frame from 2" square tube and a utility trailer rubber-in-torsion stub-axle assembly.
    (I know they only sell them in pairs and you only want one. T,SIU.)
    A decent sidecar body, needing a seat, windshield, etc is more difficult; think about a cargo box instead, one of those aluminum checkerplate pickup truck cross-boxes will just bolt straight on.
    Fred Hill, S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I showed him your post and agree with it personally - but he is pretty hooked on the trike I guess LOL- been dreaming it about it for some time kinda thing.

Comment

Coincidence

Hi 'Ram,
        check out the June edition of Cycle Canada mag. It has an article about the Lehman Monarch II which is a Honda Goldwing trike conversion. This is a top of the line conversion, $15,000 plus you gotta buy the 'wing on top of that.
        Lehman also sell conversion kits.
        My main beef about trikes is that they have three tracks.
        I dunno about the highways in Alaska but here in SK what ain't bumps in the road is potholes.
        With a solo you can swerve round them and with a sidecar rig you can bridge them but on a trike one or another wheel is more or less bound to hit one.
        Fred Hill, S'toon.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I have been on a number of chopper sites- and it looks like I got it scienced out- a shaftie is actually much easier to turn into a trike than a chain drive.

I just fab up a small subframe to put a ladder bar race car suspension and some fiber body work for extra storage and seating LOL

I have driven trikes, but I was driving them on dirt first- up here, they were super big before the four wheelers came out.

Never had any more or less problem with the road divots than in the winter with a dually truck LOL

Comment

Working...
          X