No announcement yet.

Fuel costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been fun to watch gas prices here (Hawaii) compared to your prices on the mainland. When your prices jumped 25 cents in a week, ours jumped 7. It really gives me the feeling that the prices are waaay artificially high here when our prices don't go up to the same degree they do there. Sure, they've increased, but nowhere near as much as on the mainland and not nearly as fast.

Gas prices here usually run about 60 cents more than home in Nebraska. We're paying about $2.40 last I checked here. I'm not sure what prices are in Nebraska, but I'll bet they're not $.60 cheaper!

Jon

'82 XJ1100J-John
    '78 XS1100E-Name Forthcoming (It's a Girl!)

Comment

Current Fuel Prices Around the world

GAS PRICES IN OTHER COUNTRIES
      >> > >> Maybe This Will Make you Feel Better!
      >> > >> This chart is from CNN's website. Gas prices around the world
      >> > >> expressed in US dollars per US gallon. Are we any wiser? Interesting?
      >> > >>
      >> > >> Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
      >> > >> Norway Oslo $6.27
      >> > >> Italy Milan $5.96
      >> > >> Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
      >> > >> Belgium Brussels $5.91
      >> > >> Sweden Stockholm $5.80
      >> > >> United Kingdom London $5.79
      >> > >> Germany Frankfurt $5.57
      >> > >> France Paris $5.54
      >> > >> Portugal Lisbon $5.35
      >> > >> Hungary Budapest $4.94
      >> > >> Luxembourg $4.82
      >> > >> Croatia Zagreb $4.81
      >> > >> Ireland Dublin $4.78
      >> > >> Switzerland Geneva $4.74
      >> > >> Spain Madrid $4.55
      >> > >> Japan Tokyo $4.24
      >> > >> Czech Republic Prague $4.19
      >> > >> Romania Bucharest $4.09
      >> > >> Andorra $4.08
      >> > >> Estonia Tallinn $3.62
      >> > >> Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
      >> > >> Brazil Brasilia $3.12
      >> > >> Cuba Havana $3.03
      >> > >> Taiwan Taipei $2.84
      >> > >> Lebanon Beirut $2.63
      >> > >> South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
      >> > >> Nicaragua Managua $2.61
      >> > >> Panama Panama City $2.19
      >> > >> Russia Moscow $2.10
      >> > >> Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
      >> > >> Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
      >> > >> Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
      >> > >> Egypt Cairo $0.65
      >> > >> Nigeria Lagos $0.38
      >> > >> Venezuela Caracas $0.12
      Vancouver BC $2.62 (@$99.9 a litre today)
      It is often cheaper in the US because the US is willing to spend billions of tax dollars a month on wars to keep it cheap there and the US is not on a guaranteed "world price" system like we are here in Canada. In the cheapest five countries the government owns the oil and makes a profit with little or no tax having to be added.

Ken/Sooke

Comment

Here in the big O omaha ne, prices fluctuate from 2.00-2.40. I work for full service station. If it makes you guys happy we get nooooooo discounts.pay the same as everyone else. I live in council bluffs ia and it's much cheaper. were down to 1.98 gallon. it's just travalin time .time for gov to bend us over. have to get rid of the defizite some how. sorry for spelling.
        when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
        80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

paid $5.19.6 today

Comment

Re: Re: Fuel prices

Originally posted by Geezer

Perhaps but we're getting reamed on other taxes. The sad part is that gas prices here would drop in half if we had a few new refineries but we can't build them because of wacko environmental laws…

We also have more domestic oil but can't get it for the same reasons.

Geezer
            I actually work in production and exploration, and this statement above all else rings with complete truth.
            They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Just to show what has happened to gas prices in the last few months check this picture out which was posted on www.pashnit.com . Pic was taken before Katrina in northern California.

Where do we go from here?
              Shiny side up,
              650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
              XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

I actually talked to Bill in CA and he told me that gas was 2.89 at the height of prices a few weeks ago. It was $3.49 here in NY at the same time. I think So. Cal is much higher than Nor. Cal.
                Gary Granger
                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

exxon

The ceo of exxon was paid 38 million, based on a 40 hr work week thats 18269.00 per hour, gee i wonder why gas is so high!!!!!...........MITCH
                  Doug Mitchell
                  82 XJ1100 sold
                  2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                  2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                  1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                  47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Have a state senator trying to figure out why our prices spiked "due to the hurricane", when we have four refineries here and get ALL of our oil from Alaska and Canada.
                    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I was over in the Sacramento area on Monday and gas was in the $2.90s. It's $3.059 and up here in Lake County. I'm talking 87 octane el cheapo regular. It was actually higher just before Katrina than it is right now. Great big spike in prices right after the hurricane but came right down when the California attorney general announced an investigation of profiteering. I mean in a couple of hours! I don't expect that the Bush administration is going to hold any feet to the fire on this issue.
                      Shiny side up,
                      650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Pain in the gas.....prices!

Out here on the east coast of Canada (Halifax) its now $1.17 per liter of regular grade, is that ethel or methel? Anyway, 2 weeks ago it went up to $1.39 for a day or so, Hurricane Katrina......
                        Bruce
                        Bruce Doucette
                        Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Upscale Gasoline!

Gas prices up 2 cents a gallon here in Lake Co. to $3.079 for 87 octane cheapo. I was over in Woodland (Yolo County) today and gassed up for only $2.799/gal. 87 oct. Funny how 70 miles away it's 28 cents cheaper, go figure. Oh right, I live in the "wine country" and we (supposedly) can afford to pay more than the "rice country" folks. This is what I call charging what the traffic will bear.
                          Shiny side up,
                          650 Mike

Comment

Rifle, Colorado Gas prices

Gas went up around 17 cents a gallon in the last 3 days. Unleaded regular is now at $3.199 at most places, though 1 place had it at $3.049 I don't expect that to last long. Still under the labor day price of $3.259. I'm glad both my cages get 30+ MPG.
                            Jerry Fields
                            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                            '06 Concours
                            My Galleries Page.
                            My Blog Page.
                            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Man some of you all are lucky. I wished gas was cheaper here. It was 2.74.9 for regular unleaded 85 octane gas here three days ago. Went to town yesterday it was 285.9. When katrina hit we had gas the next day up to 3.59.9 for 85 octane. I can't even afford to drive my 71 Roadrunner or my 69 Charger as they have to run on 95 octane. Fun to drive just hate the gas prices. But I sure do love them 440's in them. Looks like a early year for them to be put up. Things have got to get better. I'm getting to old to have to drive the bike in the winter! Done that enough when I was younger.
                              Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
                              87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
                              93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
                              71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
                              69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

98 octane is now $ 5.71.6, quit yer bitching.

Comment

Working...
                                X