No announcement yet.

Fuel costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if I should try and invent a motorcycle engine that runs on dog poop. I would have to be the one riding cause I wouldn't want to be the one behind me.,,,,,Hey,,,, I've got a never ending supply with camera parts mixed in. I'll just feed him some high octane beans and salsa
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

poochpower

put the dog on the back after you feed him beans n chili, mount a spark plug near his ring gear and turn on the ignition. let us know how many miles to the bowl you get.

Comment

I saw $2.43 a gallon for premium today near the airport. Almost wishing I could reverse the big bore now.

Comment

It is up to $2.55 for regular in Santa Cruz area, and that is at the "Cheap" station!! full service is about $3.25. That's a guess on the full service price, as I don't let ANYBODY put gas in my bike, not even in Oregon!!
          Ray
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I don't let ANYBODY put gas in my bike, not even in Oregon!!
            I get in trouble every time I go to Oregon to see my bro and sis. I don't let anybody put fuel in anything I own. Especially my bike. I'm afraid that when, not if, they dump fuel down the top of my tank, I would come unglued. I now call my siblings and they meet me in Caldwell Id.
            As far as gas prices. YEEE HAAA,, We here in the Corn fields of the planes of S.D. are paying close to the prices of the greedy states. Cheap stuff is now at the all time high of $2.40, the spendy stuff that I use in MIYAMI is up to $2.55 as of 4/8. Mabee if the prices keep going up, I may be able to sell my Toyota for a hefty profit. It may even drive the values of our bikes up.
            S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
            1-big XS patch
            1-small XS/XJ patch
            1-XS/XJ owners pin.
            1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
            2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
            1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
            1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Czekus21

I get in trouble every time I go to Oregon to see my bro and sis. I don't let anybody put fuel in anything I own. Especially my bike. I'm afraid that when, not if, they dump fuel down the top of my tank, I would come unglued. I now call my siblings and they meet me in Caldwell Id.
              As far as gas prices. YEEE HAAA,, We here in the Corn fields of the planes of S.D. are paying close to the prices of the greedy states. Cheap stuff is now at the all time high of $2.40, the spendy stuff that I use in MIYAMI is up to $2.55 as of 4/8. Mabee if the prices keep going up, I may be able to sell my Toyota for a hefty profit. It may even drive the values of our bikes up.
              Every place I buy gas (here in Oregon) the attendat hands me the nozzle and lets me fill my own tank. Right now the cheap stations are $2.39 for regular and it gets worse fast...

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Fuel prices

Petrol attendants and low fuel prices I can just about remember as a kid.

95 octane fuel stands at over $7 a gallon, depending where you buy it in the UK. That's over 80% fuel tax!!

You guys in the States really are very privilaged to be paying peanuts for it.
                If you can't afford it....finance it!!

Comment

Re: Fuel prices

Originally posted by Yammayeeha
                  Petrol attendants and low fuel prices I can just about remember as a kid.

95 octane fuel stands at over $7 a gallon, depending where you buy it in the UK. That's over 80% fuel tax!!

You guys in the States really are very privilaged to be paying peanuts for it.
                  Perhaps but we're getting reamed on other taxes. The sad part is that gas prices here would drop in half if we had a few new refineries but we can't build them because of wacko environmental laws…

We also have more domestic oil but can't get it for the same reasons.

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Bout 1.04$ per liter of 95. 1.1$ for 98.

LP
                    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I paid $2.14.9 today at a local station here in central Arkansas.

Louis
                      "There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be overcome by
                      brute strength and ignorance" And possibly some Mouse Milk!
                      '82 XJ1100J
                      LED Dir and running lights
                      LED Tail/Brake lights (4) one flashing
                      Modulated H/L
                      PIAA Driving lights
                      YICS Eliminated
                      750 FD

Yamaha Factory X-1 Fairing and Luggage

Comment

nortern illinois

$2.28 gal. for just 87 oct., 93 octaine going for $2.55 gallon.
                        1982 XJ 1100
                        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

On 4-7 the prices here in southwest Michigan hit $2.43. Today (4-12) it is all the way down to $2.22. Woohoo, come on clutch cable, I need my cheap transportation on the road!
                          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game. (borrowed from strom)
                          The idea is to die young............as late as possible.
                          1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Check this s#!t out!

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...ra/P114939.asp

Comment

No one in the world is worth that kind of money no matter what he did/accomplished/helped mankind.
                              Ken/Sooke

Comment

$2.09 for regular here
                                Shawn
                                78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                                78 XS1100E Parts
                                www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Working...
                                X