Distance lookup for members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

area code

My area code worked great, if everyone puts it in as their icq # it will be a great search TY.....................MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Hey there Hobbitt,

My goof, when I tried to add both "Area###" and "Zip#####", it didn't accept them when I submitted the update, and I didn't check to see that it was or wasn't there!

NOW, after putting in just my area code, 757, it stored it!! I thought ICQ #'s were both alpha-numeric, and so I thought it would hold the word "AREA" along with the ###'s!?? Guess not!

As for creating another FORUM, I think it won't happen. But combined with the STICKY notice with info on searching the MEMBERS and also searching the Posts in designated location threads, I think we can have a decent lookup feature!?

The trick will be to get everyone to do it! And for me to make ALL OF THOSE THREADS!!!
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

PHEW, glad that's done, thank goodness for Copy/Paste! :

Okay, the topics may be quite busy for a while, so you may have to scroll to the 2nd page of listed threads to find the current "Other" topics we have been discussing besides the "Members Location" threads that will probably keep showing up on the front page due to increased activity of members posting their info!!

OKAY, REMEMBER FOLKS, NO SPACES after the words AREA and ZIP and the ##'s you provide. Otherwise, the search engine will treat them as separate words, and you'll be shown ALL messages/threads with those words in them!

In searching the ZIPS, use the character "*" for a wildcard to allow you to search the ZIP codes with just the 1st two or three numbers providing a wider zone!!!! ie. zip23* or zip237* ! !
        To Search Area codes, just type "AREA###" in search.

I used these words so that you wouldn't necessarily be shown threads that might have the same first 3 numbers for BOTH, cause if you were looking for area code 123, if you just did a search for "123", you might be shown zip codes beginning with 123. Probably not though, the seach function is very specific, and seems to NOT show you partials of word or # strings as long as you DON'T use the "*" wildcard symbol! Oh Well.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I don't know about everyone else, but that post of yours TC confused the heck out of me. Took me about 3 times to read through it before I got it.

I posted in the Florida section all requested details.

I think searching for zip codes might be too granular. Area codes should be close enough.

TC, thanks for the work of creating all the forums. One good thing about the forums is the counting. If everyone keeps the replies in those to just details, by a simple look at the forums, you can tell how many people are in the area before opening.
          Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Working...
          X