No announcement yet.

Daytona Bike Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a convenience store on U.S. 1 north of Titusville in the small town of Scottsmore. It is the last convenience store before you make the long run to get to Oak Hill and Daytona. It has a large parking lot. Bikers meet up there to make the runner-up to Daytona. We could meet their Mar. 5 at around 9 or 10:00.

Comment

Dave,

I PM'd you with some info.

Hope to meet you then.

If anyone else wants to meet up... Join in.
      Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

My e-mail is elyd@bellsouth.net if you put xs1100 in the subject i will know it is not spam.

Comment

Well folks,

It is Saturday morning. Getting the finishing packing up on my ride and I will be taking off soon to my first ride to Bike week. All of about 55 degrees outside in South Florida. It is supposed to warm up to the mid 70s and be dry, so it should be a comfortable ride.

Dave, I hope to meet you up in Titusville at around 10. I'll call you when I get up that way.

Won't be back on the PC until Monday. Speak to you all later.

Comment

Daytona

I just got back (Saturday evening) from BikeWeek. Today's ride wasn't planned, SWMBO surprised me late this afternoon by asking me I we could go for the evining. Of course, she must be obeyd, so we went. As usual the place was packed with bikes and sideshows everywhere.
            To bad I didn't have any way to contact you, or we could have met somewhere. O well, maybe next time.
            I'm planning to go back on Thursday with some of the guys from my work.
            Walt
            80 XS11s - "Landshark"
            79 XS11s
            03 Valkyrie
            80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
            78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
            81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Just got back a couple of hours ago. I met up with Dave and we rode together from Titusville to Daytona. Had a stop off with him at a locals party. Real nice people. He showed me how to get to Daytona Beach and Main Street. Checked out a lot of bars together including boot hill. Thanx Dave.

I went back Sunday and met a bunch of friendly people. Handed out some beads and got a few girls to pose for them. NICE!

Dave, too bad we never got together today.

Maybe next time Hobbit.

Comment

Other items of note I could not post in my last message.

Found a cool place to park on Noble Street right off of Main Street for $5 where the guys there kept the bikes safe. Ofcourse only Dave and I know why they will remember me. And it wasn't because I was one of two vintage Yamaha riders there.

I did get that hotel room in Titusville. Next time I am going to pick up the phone book and start calling some of the little hotels along us1 nearer to Daytona. This tie I just checked out the major chains . When you are up partying till 2 AM (Don't worry as I was completely sober by 2 AM since I stopped drinking before 12 AM) it is a long ride back to a bed in Titusville, which was about a 50 minute drive south. It did work out well when leaving today because it was at least closer to home.

I certainly am exhausted now though.

Comment

Working...
                X