No announcement yet.

rings/gaskets etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the pics and video... they are great! Thanks!

They must have seen me coming at Autozone... the Mystery Oil and the Seafoam are right next to each other on the shelf! I was reading the label of the Oil, and it said some people in California had found it could give them cancer... I'm sure glad I don't live there!
    Dr. Tim Walters

Florida Atlantic University
    The Rats
    Full Flight Foundation, Inc.

"just put the trumpet down and slowly back away..."

"owned by a 79 XS1100 Special"

Comment

how to on Mystery Oil and Seafoam?

Hi, I am getting my bike back Tuesday... how exactly do I use the Mystery Oil and Seafoam? I also got some techroline...
      Dr. Tim Walters

The Rats

Comment

Maybe follow the instructions on the bottle? Squirt some of the Marvel into the cylinders through the spark plug hole and let it sit and penetrate for a while.
        Last edited by John; 02-26-2005, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Read the directions???

You mean actually read the directions??? I thought there might be some special way of doing it... do you put it in the oil as well, or even some in the gas? It seems I have seen all these suggested at various times. And then they usually say run the bike hard... how about the Seafoam, do I have to read those directions, too?? I am not known in my family as much of a direction-follower!
          Dr. Tim Walters

The Rats

Comment

But...That's only if all else fails.

Comment

Hey there Dr. Tim/Jazzratt,

I went to the MMO web site, they got bought by Turtle Wax, they didn't even have a copy of the directions on the Products page, just how it's sold!?

Did a search on freeing up stuck oil rings, read about putting in a pint into the oil in a motor that holds 5 quarts of oil, running it up GENTLY to operating temps, and keeping it there for an hour or so...again, NO STRESSES=hard revving, perhaps a bit above idle, but NO LOADS, cause the MMO actually makes the oil a bit thinner, as it desolves the grime, etc., so the oil's lubricating abilities are compromised. You'll want to have a good FAN blowing into the engine to help it run at normal temps, but not to get overheated!

Then, drain the oil, and replace it and the filter with fresh. The Sea Foam is concentrated, you only need to add about 2 ounces to a tankful, some folks have added quite a bit more! After you've changed the oil, then you can run it hard with the Seafoam in the tank if you want to, but it's more like running it for a while to get the Seafoam mixed fuel into the carbs, where it can then SIT, and dissolve the gums in the passages. So...you can add it to the gas BEFORE you do the MMO run, and then after you change the oil, you can let it sit overnight, then drive it the next day, and it will be cleaning the carbs as you drive!!!

Okay, hope this helps, and if anybody has any corrections, additions, feel free to post it!
              T.C.
              T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

thanks, that is great!
                Dr. Tim Walters

The Rats