No announcement yet.

First and favorite concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerosmith...Saw them in a little gymnasium at University of Maine Farmington right after the second album was released. The stage was only a few feet off the floor, and I was about 20 feet from the stage, Hardly anybody but New Englanders knew who they were then. I also got to see Boston a month or so after the release of their first album. The show was in Lewiston, Maine, and they opened for Blue Oyster Cult. Good show...First, second, AND third hand smoke...

Comment

Another Great thread!

Check this out,

1978 - 14 years old, friends Mom takes us to Aerosmith touring the Toys in the Attic album, opening act was AC-DC tickets cost 8.00! in Rapid City, SD. Saw Kansas that same summer. A partial list,

Pat Benatar (twice), Loverboy, Ted Nugent, ZZ top (twice) with Quiet Riot, Quarterflash, Frank Marino with Mahogany Rush, Sammy Hagar, Heart, Styx, Hank Williams JR., Stevie Nicks with Joe Walsh, Garth Brooks with the Judds (What the hell was I thinking?)

and the coup de gras after waiting my entire life...... I finally got to see....."You wanted the best band in the Land, you got it....Ladies and Gentlemen KISS!!!.... with Aerosmith last summer at Fidlers Green in Denver.

The best however came this spring when I saw The Eagles in Casper, WY.....C'mon man, Open with "The Long Run" then seamlessly blend into "New Kid in Town" it was pure Rock and Roll magic.

Don't smoke the stuff, never have......and yet, concerts remain one of SWMBO's and I's favorite dates
      They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

1st concert

1st concert would have been an outside concert in Halifax, I sat about 15 feet from the speakers on the grass and listened to none other than...Steppenwolf

Stevie Ray Vaughn was a memorable concert, 1986 and 1990.
        Bruce Doucette
        Bruce Doucette
        Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

First concert would have to be a band that's no more. They were all related in one way or another the band was called Brick/Feather. First big concert would have to be Day On The Green 82, With Ozzy biting flying things. Most memorable would have to be Monsters of rock 91 at the Mientz/Finthen air field in Mientz Germany, That was awsome. Two day party for a one day concert. You won't see these guys playin together anymore. BlackCrows, then QueensRiech, then MotlyCrue, then Metalica, then AC/DC topped it off. I forgot where I parked my cage. Found it in an apple orchard. Don't remember how it got there but the key was still in the ignition. Nothing was stolen so I guess I parked it there.
          S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
          1-big XS patch
          1-small XS/XJ patch
          1-XS/XJ owners pin.
          1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
          2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
          1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
          1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Cat Stevens and the Dixie Chicks

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Okay, King Crimson and the Outlaws
              "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

First concert - Conway Twitty when I was 5 years old, dragged there by my mother. It was like suffering in Hell.

Best Concert - Grateful Dead playing as the Warlocks at the Hampton Coliseum in Virginia. The band played Dark Star for the first time in 20 years. And they played it in MIDI.

Worst Concert - I know I will get Flamed for this but Areosmith is the worst act I have ever seen live. And Stephen Tyler and Joe Perry Hump & Hug each other thru thier whole show. Areosmith should open for the Village People or Wham. Only concert I have ever wish I could have had a Refund of my Money.

Last Concert I went to - I went and saw Ekoostik Hookah at the Newport Music Hall last Saturday night. Check them out - they rock. "Follow in the footsteps of old bill, and come to Hookahville . The two drummers hold the Bug's in your Teeth charity ride.
                Bill Woods
                1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
                1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
                2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

I guess the best concert I saw was Rush- Exit Stage Left.Others that put on a good show were Cheap Trick,Heart,REO Speedwagon,Steppenwolf.REO was actually better in concert than on a tape or whatever.JonJet and the Blackhearts were alright same said for VH when they did Diver Down.Another band Autograph played Turn up the radio.Def Leopard did piromania or the one after it.I remember it because they played for 3 hours and didn`t take any breaks.Restless Heart with Hank Williams Jr. to me Restless Heart that night was better.Hank didn`t play a single song all the way through that made the difference.I know I have missed some but right now those are the ones that I remember the most.
                  Bill Harvell

Comment

First was: Dokken, Warrant, Alice Cooper, Las Vegas

Since: Scorpions, Doubledrive, Poison, Motley Crue, Slaughter, Queensryche, Cinderella, Kansas, America.

Ben
                    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                    1982 XS650
                    1980 XS1100g
                    1979 XS1100sf
                    1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Working...
                    X