Dream bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream bike?

I was sitting here wondering about what would folks "dream" bikes be? Specifically Japanese bikes. Of course your XJ or XS doesn't count! For myself, among Yamaha's, I think it would be an XV920 Midnight Virago, since my last bike before eXJunk was a 750 Virago and I really liked it, and I've always liked the looks of the "Midnight" series. As far as Honda's, it would be the CBX or maybe the CX500 Turbo. Neither real practical, but.... For Kawaski's, I've always liked the look of the Spectre. For Suzuki, I've always wanted one of the rotary-engine bikes. I can't recall the model number, but I think it started with "RE". So much for my garage-full!
    Which would be your "dream" bikes?
    John
    82 XJ1100J
    "eXJunk"

Always wanted to blast off a V-MAX
    Gisle Vestergaard
    XS 1100 Sport

Comment

V Max of course!
      Adrian

Comment

Vmax of course, but......

Actually I was thinking of bikes that are a bit more on the rare/unusual side. Heck EVERYBODY wants a Vmax!
        John
        82 XJ1100J
        "eXJunk"

Comment

From the time I was 10, I always wanted a Yamaha 60cc JT1 Mini Enduro. Someday I'll find a pristine one to buy now that I can.

Comment

I don't remember an enduro 60cc.

My first bike was a Yamaha RD60 (60cc) that I took all the road type stuff off of like flashers and such and put dirt bike tires on. I was 12 at the time.
            Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

I did not jump on the bandwagon, I have wanted a Vmax since 1985..when the beast was unleashed! I still want the 1985 model (the Fast One), but would settle for the 2005 20th Aniv. Edition (factory ghost flames!). That's it I want a 1985 Vmax with the 2005 20th Aniv. bodywork & paint.

other dream bikes I have in mind

1. Honda Blackbird
              2. 2005 Victory Hammer - awesome american bike
              3. 1953 Vincient Black Shadow - the AMA hall of f museum is raffling one of these bikes. Don't buy a ticket cause I know I am going to win it! I live close to the museum and have seen this bike. I don't have the words to describe it, it leaves me speechless. No wonder Jay Leno has over a dozen of these bikes.
              4. 2005 Vincient Black Shadow
              5. 2005 Osaka XR200 - chinese ripoff of an old honda XR200 - and the Osake has Headlight, brakelights, and turns signals- all for under $1500.00. I plan on buying one of these soon..as soon as I can find a dealer.
              6. Kawaski H2 750 - 2 stroke triple. 10 sec bike on a crappy chassis. What more could a fool ask for?
              7. Honda 200cc Fatcat - Worlds biggest minibike? Just for puttin' around the farm on.
              8. Yamaha Banshee ATV - Yamaha RD/RZ inspired 350 2 stroke in a quad, Hang on.
              9. Brittton V1000 - Truely an inspired idea from the now deceased John Britton.
              10. suzuki gs1150e

that is the first 10 dream bike that popped into my head...today at least.

hey Macnut, if you liked the midnights, look at the 2005 midnight street bikes. These even look better cause the left the awful gold off them this time.
              Bill Woods
              1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
              1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
              2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

I'd have to go for a Yamaha 360 Enduro from back around 1970. Back then, I was riding a 250 Ducati that I had rebuilt literally from boxes. The PO had used it for hill climbing and had blown it up. I got it cheap, put it together, and used it as my all-purpose ride trying to keep up with my buddies. When we went off-road, I did not too bad keeping up with the guys on the smaller enduros and street bikes, but it was only the guys on the 360 Enduros who ever got to the top of "DP" ( devil's p____) . I was always impressed by the compression release and the cable that kept branches and stuff from getting caught between the brake pedal and the frame. What can I say, some things just looked like they really belonged. Turns out one of the guys I work with has a 360 Enduro that be bought brand new, and it is absolutely great condition. I've been working on him for at least 10 years but he just won't part with it. IIRC, that bike doesn't have more than about 5000 miles on it! Yup, that's my dream bike, and I'm still working on it.
                Ken Talbot

Comment

Speaking of dirt bikes.....

Well, I've always wanted a Honda Elsinore, but they've become collectors items these days. I had a Kaw 350 Bighorn once which was nice bike. But I really wish I'd kept the Ossa Phantom even tho I never could get it to run right. I also always wanted a Husquvarna or a Montessa! I know these modern hi-tech bikes with their long travel suspensions and gas shocks are much better off-road, but I like the classics better. They just seem to have more character.
                  John
                  82 XJ1100J
                  "eXJunk"

Comment

Hey Bill, I saw a Britten do a few laps at the Wanganui cemetry circuit, and it made the GSXR1000's and R1's look sluggish! My bikeshop owner cousin has a 53' Vincent black shadow, it was the only one in NZ. BIG motor. Here's the new Blackbird - it should make a V-max look wimpy.
                    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?pa...NEWS_NEW-BIKES

Comment

Well now that we are moving up to more modern days I will be bold and say that the most beautiful bike ever built was a Ducati 916.
                      I'm sure you all agree ;-)
                      Gisle Vestergaard
                      XS 1100 Sport

Comment

I have always wanted a 1981 honda cbx.
                        http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=19696

Comment

dream

i still want the 2000 suzuki hyabusa.
                          1982 XJ 1100
                          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

honda

gonna get a honda valk some day!
                            Doug Mitchell
                            82 XJ1100 sold
                            2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                            2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                            1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                            47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Yeah,...gotta agree..I would like a valk myself.
                              They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Working...
                              X