No announcement yet.

How many miles ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll answer two polls at once here. Bought my Midnight Special in May. Completely bone stock original, one original owner, always garaged in running condition except no brakes and carbs were starting to gum. It had 11,500 mile on it & I gave two grand. I was obsessed to get one & it was the nicest one I found. Ended up redoing the paintwork since it was dull and had a few little scratches. Brakes, carbs, tires,stainless lines, new foot pegs. Probably have close to three grand in it and a little over 13,000mile now. I feel it was worth it and get complements from everyone who sees it.
    Underdog

1980 MNS "The Dark Side"
    2000 Heritage "Snow White"

Comment

how many miles(klms)?

My '79 SF had 18,764klms on her when I picked her up in February 2001. She's now showing 6,500 klms. That's about 87,822 klms in about 2 1/2 years. I stopped on the side of the highway and took some pics to record the magic 00000 roll around on the speedo. Was most exciting! Bike's still going strong but I'm really got to do something about the seat. It gets a bit hard on the rear after some time on the road.
      Ride safe, Ride far,
      Eveready
      79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
      Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
      *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
      *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

In reply to the poll, what happened to those of us who have over 100,000 or 150,000 or possibly 200,000???
        My XS1100, known as "The Black", has 165,000 on it, I've owned it for 25 years, it started to smoke last year for some reason, it's just not getting better !!!
        Bruce Gerken
        '79 XS1100SF
        "The Black"
        '2009 BMW k1300GT'
        The Red Sled.
        St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

I guess that I forgot to include bikes with over 100k miles. I didn't realize they existed. Sorry dude! I will be joining you soon. I have almost 94 k miles right now.

Comment

Working...
          X