No announcement yet.

10 year anniversary ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three years to plan an event gives us lots of options.

Here are a couple of thoughts:

It is going to cost money to bring people together and make this a memorable event. We need to work out a basic budget and then look for ways to raise it, if it is going to be something worth coming to KC or anywhere else. A couple of ideas.

Ask Yamaha to help sponsor this on what we consider the XS 30th anniversary.

Get a local Yamaha shop to help with sponsorship.

Do we want vendors that would want to participate and show what they have for us?

These are big ideas and may not hit reality with who we are and what we are about but I thought I would throw the ball out and see what kind of feedback we got from the Forum.

deo
    82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
    Riding with the Son

Comment

just got off the phone with YAMAHA

took it on myself to call yamaha. To see if they were interested in sponsoring the swaray. Requests for money or donations need to be written on company letter head and mailed to Yamaha motor corp. ,USA. Reply will be sent two-three weeks.
      The addy is Yamaha Motor Corp. USA
      6555 Centella Ave.
      Cyprus Ca. 90630
      Attn. Human Resources
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

"Human Resources"? I would think this would be something more suited to the "Public Relations" department. Corporate America works in strange and mysterious ways...........
        John
        82 XJ1100J
        "eXJunk"

Comment

I think Bob Jones of Merriam Cycle would be a great person to get involved with this little project. After all, wouldn't it make sense to have a gazillion XSives come to KC to meet in XS Eleven Heaven?
          '79 XS11F Standard

Comment

meeting

BRILLIANT! And about public- human realations i just called and said what we had up our sleve,thats the info i was given.
            1982 XJ 1100
            going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
            now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Okay, so there is momentum for something to happen. WE don't want it to peak to early and fizzle but organize a group to help the rest of us know what needs to happen and when.

In that light, and in MHO that those that are interested in seeing this happen form a steering group or at least meet online in a chat style room and discuss a number of different ideas.

Can someone put up an opinion poll to find out if there is interest from the group at large?

Maybe use these questions:
              I am interested -
              I am interested and am willing to help -
              I am not interested and think it is a dumb idea -

or
              I would like to be there
              I would like to be there and want to be a part of making it happen
              Can't see myself going but want to contribute
              Think the idea stinks

deo
              82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
              Riding with the Son

Comment

Working...
              X