10 year anniversary ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year anniversary ?????

Just got thinking, We should all be thinking about the 10 year anniversary of this association and having a rally to comemorate it's being here. This would give us plenty of time to make plans to attend. As well as plan it. I don't know too much about planning a rally but I'd be willing to help were I can. Any input from you guys would be great. We've got a few years yet but it should be one heck of a bash that lasts a few days, Rideing, Partying, B/S ing, Trophies, races, cruz's. Something to think about as we go through our daily lives doin our thing.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Plan ahead of time, now that is a novel idea. I like the idea. Who would set the date for the anniversary. I joined a year or so ago but when did JP and others get this group together. Who was the first to get the group together for a rally or an online meeting, or whatever.

Would love to participate as well. But with the folks from all over the world on the site a general location for all of us to meet would be hard to choose.

deo
    82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
    Riding with the Son

Comment

somewhere

i would think in the middle of the united states would be a good starting point.
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

How about coordinated regional rallies? Very interested in reading more about the history of this group.
        '81H
        '77 GS750
        '80 ATC 200
        '79SF [stolen]

Comment

good idea,time for me to sort out to get there from her in the uk.

Comment

How about the weekend of Sept 11, 2005? That's a good day for unity. Simultainous(?) rallies all around the US, Canada, England, and host countries of our members. Great idea.

Comment

who's in charge?

let's not talk about it ,LET'S DO IT !!!!
              1982 XJ 1100

Comment

Yeah, It would be nice to see something for us folks here in the midwest. Seems like all the biker get-togethers are always way too far away for me to be able to go. Maybe by then I'll actually have my XJ ready to ride. FWIW, the Triumph Spitfire club I belong to has regional "Spit-togethers" every year at different locations in each region. Last year the midwest meet was in Champaine, Illinois, this year it is in Indianapolis. Maybe we could do something similar? Wouldn't have to be every year.
                John
                82 XJ1100J
                "eXJunk"

Comment

Hey there CZekus21,

Well, according to this quote from PRATEL, recently rejoining the fold, looks like we'll have a few more years to plan!?
                  Just wanted to say hey.... Would love to catch up with you guys. Especially the original XS East crowd, hard to believe the first XS East was 7 years ago..... 1997 if I remember correcly.
                  Amongst those attending were the founders of the original XS11 yahoo group....JP Honeywell, and others!

That would put the 10 yr mark at 2007!? However, if we were to have ONE MASSIVE rally in the center of the US, and plan it that far ahead, perhaps many more people would be able to attend, and would be awesome to see hundreds of XS11's and XJ11's at one place!?

OR even push it back to 2008, then could be the 30th anniversary of the first XS11, commemorating the enduring appeal of this wonderful machine series. Might even get Yamaha involved, maybe even the press/TV/Cycle mags!?!?

Just some daydreaming! T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Just got back from OC Bikefest in Ocean City Maryland. The whole show was Harleys and choppers. Out of the 50,000 plus participants I didn't see one XS or XJ. It sure would be nice to have this rally happen so that the rest of the bike world could see that we are here. 1700 members and counting isn't anything to sneeze at.

deo
                    82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
                    Riding with the Son

Comment

XS's at Rallies

Was at a Horizonsunlimited rally in Revelstoke BC over the weekend. This a group of world travelers and long distance riders. There were 89 entrants in attendance. I saw license plates from all over the world. (like Japan, Germany, Bolivia, Sweden etc., Canada and the US of course) The bikes were almost all, BMW, KTM, Honda africa twins V-Strom 650's etc. Dual purpose bikes loaded with specialized equipment for reliable long distance travel over any kind of terrain.
                      There were also 3 XS11's. The Ratbyk got several positive comments from other participants and I saw more than a few out snapping pictures of the old Rat.
                      Felt good.
                      Ken/Sooke
                      78E Ratbyk
                      82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

O.K., Here's an idea. The aprox center of the U.S. would put it in the middle of nowheresville corn field, The next best place in the center of the U.S. would put it around the Kansas City area.
                        Pro's, not far from alot of decent riding, accomodations are plentifull, we have members residing near by, Gotta be a fair ground or two around, or a very large area that can accomodate alot of bikes for a few days, airport is near by.
                        Con's, ALOT of traffic.
                        I think that 2007 would be a good year to shoot for for two reasons, 1) 10 years of course and 2) this would make it the 30 year anniversary of the " E " model that was unvailed in 1977.
                        This would give everyone plenty of time to save a few bucks toward it as well as be able to make plans to come. Even our bro's overseas. This rally would of course have to be in the summer or latter summer for riding reasons, and a small donation would have to be in order to off set the price of putting something like this on.
                        Mabee our bro's down in the area can shed some light on avail places as well as tracks, parts, motels/hotels.
                        All I know about in the area is a few roads and all the truck stops as well as a few shippers and recievers.
                        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                        1-big XS patch
                        1-small XS/XJ patch
                        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Hypothetically.....
                          I'd go along with K.C. if it's within the general concensus. Never planned anything in my life that far ahead, but let's make it happen. Anyone from CA,OR,WA ,UT,WY, etc. are welcome to use our No. Col. homestead as a stopover/repair shop if they want to cruise the Rockies en route. Lot's of room, decent shop. Smoker, gas grill, fireplace, hot tub. Hypothetically...
                          '81H
                          '77 GS750
                          '80 ATC 200
                          '79SF [stolen]

Comment

Which K.C. are we talking about here? After all, there ARE at least two!
                            John
                            82 XJ1100J
                            "eXJunk"

Comment

those were my thoughts

K.C. and K.C. are very close to each other. As stated we need a n XSesive in general area to chime in and get some details.
                              1982 XJ 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X