4-1 header anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-1 header anyone?

am looking for a (good) 4-1 header only. no luck on ebay.

dennis kirk

dennis kirk sells both the mac and jardine systems for our bikes. I've contacted kerker they no longer produce them for us. Other than the two mentioned i haven't heard of anywhere else to go. New that is.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

all i can find on dennis kirk are the complete exhaust systems - i am only in need of the header.

Comment

header

looking for just the header your going to have to go e-bay or friends of friends type of deal. No one i know of will part with just a header they all want the $324 to sell ya the whole shooting match.when you say 4-1 to me that is the whole exhaust system.
        1982 XJ 1100

Comment

sorry for the confusion - exhaust is a new thing for me.

i guess i will have to be patient and keep an eye on ebay.

Comment

well maybe somebody can tell me this then:

if all i am looking for is the header - does it still have to be designed for an xs1100? since the only place it will actually attach is at the engine??

this would make my 'shopping' much easier.

Comment

help?

maybe someone can help us both here? i was looking at an suzuki exhaust system the other day the spacing looked VERY close to me. But i did not have exact measureing device with me.I've often wondered that my self,will another system fit on our motors? Has anyone ever tried?gsxr,fj1100 or 1200 ,etc.,etc.Could open up a whole can of possibilitys for the xs-xj crowd.
              1982 XJ 1100

Comment

Then again, someone with good welding/fabrication skills could start with some mandrel-bent stainless tubing and just build a system to fit! Isn't that right, Mr Z?
                Ken Talbot

Comment

header

hi beech
                  I have just a header from 80 g model. needs cleaned up and one section of pipe welded back on .its yours if you want it. I live in council bluffs if your up this way. 712-323-6262 after 6:00pm.bowl on wed .

graybird78
                  michael cook
                  when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
                  80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

header

i have the original heads (black)from my xj in the shed if anyone is interested. the slip ons were garbage but the headers ok.

Comment

michael i will definitely call you. i just got home from omaha. will be up there again this weekend. would you at least accept some beer as payment?

Comment

SURE. may want to see it first just trying to help fellow biker.
                        when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
                        80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Black exhaust on XJ?

Kf4anm, are you sure that's off an XJ? Both my XJ11's have stock exhaust and they are chrome.
                          John
                          82 XJ1100J
                          "eXJunk"

Comment

hey graybird/michael - is the header you are talking about stock or is it a 4-1?

Comment

Then again, someone with good welding/fabrication skills could start with some mandrel-bent stainless tubing and just build a system to fit! Isn't that right, Mr Z?
                              I have looked at fabricating a 4:1 header, but have not yet figured out how to make the collector or the flange on the end of the tube (that goes in the head). This list will be the frist to know, should I figure this out.
                              DZ
                              Vyger, 'F'
                              "The Special", 'SF'
                              '08 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
                              X