Need your help on the forum upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help on the forum upgrade!

Hey everyone. I've volunteered to help organize testing of the upgraded forum site, but I need some help. You don't really have to know anything - just be willing to spend 30 or 40 minutes doing the things you would normally do - posting, quoting, linking, etc. If you're willing to help please reply here or send me an email to psycoreefer@gmail.com
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

You got mail...
    ---
    Marko
    '81 SH

Comment

What do you need done?
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Hey everyone - I've had a few people volunteer via email - I'll reply to them via email also, but so that eveyone else knows what is going on I'll put the same info here too.

What I need is people who are willing to go to the temporary test-site and do all the things they would normally do on the regular forum.
        Add pictures
        Add links
        Send PM's
        Basically if you see a button then click it and use it :-). I'm not looking for a hard time commitment or anything - just a commitment to log-in and try things when you have time.

If something doesn't work as expected let me know, either via email or in this thread. With this type of testing the more people we have participating the more likely we are to uncover something.

What we are trying to do is make sure the upgrade didn't break anything. I've been to the test site and it looks good, but no software is perfect and we'd like to know before the live site upgrade that something is broken (or not) so we know what to expect & prepare for.
        Anything done on the new test site will be lost when 'the real' upgrade is done...so don't put anything over there that you don't want to lose.
        1979 xs1100 Special -
        Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
        Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
        My Bike:
        [link is broken]

Comment

Might as well put my laptop into use for this...can't ride in Shenzhen anyways and my -SH is in Finland (needing a carb clean...)
          ---
          Marko
          '81 SH

Comment

I can spend some time doing this for sure. Glad to see progress is being made.
            2-79 XS1100 SF
            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

would love to help, sent you an email.

Lets get this thing going again!
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
              X