Evening with friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening with friends

Maximphil stopped by last evening on his way to California and XJOK2PLAY came over too.

It was great to see Phil and Bob. We had a great supper and a great evening.

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

That’s cool, Greg! Good to hear Bob is more than 50-50 for coming to the rally, and that Phil is considering it all the way from Canada. Tell him to stay north coming through the states and then drop down to Colorado, will stay a lot cooler.

The beauty of the Colorado rally is temperatures are reasonable for the most part and the heat isn’t oppressive overall. The hardest part is riding through everywhere else to get here.

Bob, if you can get on the forum, I like your Kremmling rally shirt...
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Maximphil stopped by last evening on his way to California and XJOK2PLAY came over too.

It was great to see Phil and Bob. We had a great supper and a great evening.

Hi Greg,
      THANK YOU so much for your warm welcome and generous hospitality
      Appreciate Bob riding down to join the fun evening.

My GPS and I were not getting on at the time of my arribval in Tulsa and Greg kindly came and rescued me from the gas station after i had been out into the woods and over the hill. The GPS is much happier if i stick to the interstate

To night I find my self in Tucumcari NM I am sure glad i crossed the narrow part of Texas
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
        That’s cool, Greg! Good to hear Bob is more than 50-50 for coming to the rally, and that Phil is considering it all the way from Canada. Tell him to stay north coming through the states and then drop down to Colorado, will stay a lot cooler.

The beauty of the Colorado rally is temperatures are reasonable for the most part and the heat isn’t oppressive overall. The hardest part is riding through everywhere else to get here.

Bob, if you can get on the forum, I like your Kremmling rally shirt...
        Hi Bonz,
        More wishful thinking than a plan but i would like to come to your rally.
        Not riding across I80 on the bike it was bad enough in a car.
        I would welcome your route suggestions.

Phil
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Yikes! Living under a rock in a cave is cool and quiet but you miss stuff. Bummer.
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
            Hi Bonz,
            More wishful thinking than a plan but i would like to come to your rally.
            Not riding across I80 on the bike it was bad enough in a car.
            I would welcome your route suggestions.

Phil
            Hey Phil, thanks for the post. JeffH returned from the Colorado Rally (Kremmling) two years ago and rode the northern states across.

Here is the full link for the report coming and going home I believe, with the northern state route coming home which is what I think you would like to read.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46732&page=5
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
              Yikes! Living under a rock in a cave is cool and quiet but you miss stuff. Bummer.
              I texted you to let you know he was coming but I guess the phone signal didn't penetrate the rock or the cave.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Traveling

You just never know where Maximphil is going to show up! Is there more than one of him? He has recently been seen in Colorado, then NM. And somehow makes it to Stecoah, NC in the fall. Things must really be bad in Canada. Safe travels Phil.

Mike P
                1981 XS1100H Venturer
                K&N Air Filter
                ACCT
                Custom Paint by Deitz
                Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                Stebel Nautilus Horn
                EBC Front Rotors
                Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                  You just never know where Maximphil is going to show up! Is there more than one of him? He has recently been seen in Colorado, then NM. And somehow makes it to Stecoah, NC in the fall. Things must really be bad in Canada. Safe travels Phil.

Mike P
                  Hi Mike,
                  Things are great in Canada. When presented with the opportunity to add to the list of states visited. Well I am a sucker for a road trip.
                  Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    I texted you to let you know he was coming but I guess the phone signal didn't penetrate the rock or the cave.
                    Hi Scott,
                    I'll PM you.
                    Phil
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                      Hi Mike,
                      Things are great in Canada. When presented with the opportunity to add to the list of states visited. Well I am a sucker for a road trip.
                      Phil
                      Yes you are..you even stopped here too! LOL.... Great to see youse guys..a better welcome there than you would have got in texas...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Long story short: Phil made to LA, then we went up to Ventura for a party for Roo's 50th birthday. We'll do some riding today before Phil has to leave.

Phil

Roo

-- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Thanks Scott,
                          You turned what could have been a disaster into a fantastic turn of events. No way to link my photo's of you as my photobuket no longer works. Canyon Carving or puttering up the hill on Columbo in my case. Good ride.
                          Joshua Tree National Park added to the list to day. Apparently a rare Desert bloom.
                          Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                          X