No announcement yet.

Is this thing still on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never an issue here...….BTW, interesting thoughts BillyRok!
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

It’s really easy to see members aren’t on here in any kind of numbers. Unfortunately, doesn’t make a rats-butt of difference how easy it is for some of us. If the majority can’t or don’t want to jump through hoops, that’s all we need to have happen to tank this site.

Need to get this site fixed, no other way to say it.

Freakin’ how much will it take in $$ to get to that point? There are more than enough guys here including me that if we had a $$ number and we had a plan to support, would be happy to pitch in more. Understandably I didn’t put in a lot, but I can see my instincts were good. What was supposed to be fixed with what was donated is just languishing.

Did the fellow who has had the personal problems get paid already? Or is the money still sitting in a pot?

Not seeing ANYTHING new since TC posted mid-February. Riding season will be here in a month or two most places and if we aren’t a player in the forum community, that’ll be a dang shame. I know the caliber of guys on this site, but the site isn’t matching up.

Yeah, maybe that’s coming across a bit harsh. But I think I have a place to speak and a leg to stand on when it comes to that.

There’s a Colorado again this summer out in Durango and potentially could have 20+ guys and bikes. But no one can get on the site to follow along or join in.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Logging In

I've noticed for quite some time that there aren't near as many people on the site as there used to be. And we certainly are not going to hear from those who cannot login. I believe that there are a lot who cannot get on here. People are not patient with websites. If a site doesn't work, they go elsewhere.
        1981 XS1100H Venturer
        K&N Air Filter
        ACCT
        Custom Paint by Deitz
        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
        Stebel Nautilus Horn
        EBC Front Rotors
        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

There are plenty of people on Facebook looking for answers to questions that the site answers so the need for technical information s as strong perhaps stronger than ever.

Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Right on those counts, Mike and Phil.

So, what can we do to get this done? Question still stands... how many $$ from where we are now is it going to take and has the money donated been spent and no result (if yes, what is update on getting that work done, 3-4 week updates won’t do) or is the person to be paid once work is done?

50 guys x $20 is the yearly fee if $1000 is the cost from what I understand. Get another $10 each and how about a fund to pull from. Heck, $50 of beer money from the next year from 20 of the guys that have made the Colorado Rally since 2014 would get $1000.

What can I do to help and get this ship righted, I will not put fire to feet to something I would not be willing to do myself. But would LOVE to see it simply get handled like has been planned already.
            Last edited by Bonz; 03-03-2019, 10:20 PM.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
              Right on those counts, Mike and Phil.

So, what can we do to get this done? Question still stands... how many $$ from where we are now is it going to take and has the money donated been spent and no result (if yes, what is update on getting that work done, 3-4 week updates won’t do) or is the person to be paid once work is done?

50 guys x $20 is the yearly fee if $1000 is the cost from what I understand. Get another $10 each and how about a fund to pull from. Heck, $50 of beer money from the next year from 20 of the guys that have made the Colorado Rally since 2014 would get $1000.

What can I do to help and get this ship righted, I will not put fire to feet to something I would not be willing to do myself. But would LOVE to see it simply get handled like has been planned already.
              Here . . . Here !!!

I Second that Emotion Strength in #'s
              1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
              1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
              1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
              1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
              1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fNLhxKpfCnA
                79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
                X