Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update for broken XS11.com SITE:Donations needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donation sent. Where are things at for the total $$ needed vs donated?
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I won't pretend to know how forums work. I'm on several of them since XS Southeast turned into Vintage Yamaha Rally. I like XS650.com. Photos are hosted there. There may be an advertising banner. Whatever works. It's active.

Fact is, we're starting to die off. Some part of these forums is always going to be a virtual barroom. It's the nature of the beast. XS11, XS650, XJBikes, it's all the same crowd.

It is good to have a place to go for help with your bike.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Some of us just WON'T go away. Even if we are banned.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Fixed?

When is the site scheduled to be back in proper operation?
          1981 XS1100H Venturer
          K&N Air Filter
          ACCT
          Custom Paint by Deitz
          Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
          Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
          Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
          Stebel Nautilus Horn
          EBC Front Rotors
          Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Some of us just WON'T go away. Even if we are banned.
            You sir, may not leave. You are the longstanding guru of gurus. You are the one with the answers.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
              You sir, may not leave. You are the longstanding guru of gurus. You are the one with the answers.
              You mean he is the longstanding PITA!
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                You mean he is the longstanding PITA!
                Opinions vary..

Why don't you get off your tricycle and ride on down to Colorado this summer Nate?
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I'm a little late on the donation change. Haven't checked in for a bit. Enough to handle 1/2 month of site hosting fee.

Thanks for all you do. I agree we need something for picture hosting if possible. Putting links to things like I do with OneDrive kind of works.
                  Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

I’m having a heck of a time with this site.
                    Gene (Florida)
                    1980 XS1100SG
                    Accel Coils
                    4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by gene View Post
                      I’m having a heck of a time with this site.
                      heck

used for emphasis in various statements or exclamations.

Please describe further. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

WTF is happening?
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im
                          WTF is happening?
                          I still have trouble logging in from work and I can no longer log in from home. "...cannot find server xs11.com." is the error I get at home using Safari on my Mac Pro or Edge on Windows 10. From work I log in then get an error with a link to XS11.com. Click on the link and I am logged in. Ping "xs11.com" and it returns a value of 216.37.42.101 but I have no idea if this is correct or not.

I suspect the name/IP is registered with two DNS services, one works and one does not, and the problem can be intermittent. Most DNS services add records manually, and if you change DNS services (quite possible when you change hosting services) you have to go to the old service and manually delete the entries or have the old service do this for you.

I went through this a few years back when my organization changed DNS services; the ISP I was using notified me they were getting out of the DNS business, forcing me to contract with a new DNS service even though our hosting service remained the same. I learned how to construct DNS records as a result. (Different DNS services have slightly different syntax.) It took around 3 days for the new records to percolate through all internet name servers even though the IP numbers remained the same; it was the name servers that hosted the records that changed.

A DNS record links a name with an IP number. Additionally, DNS can determine the type of service that site offers, such as a web page (www) or a mail server (mx.) Records can be hosted on your pc in a file called hosts.txt, on a corporate domain controller, or an external DNS service. That is one reason troubleshooting DNS records can be a pain.

Sorry to get so long-winded, but logging into xs11.com has turned into a problem for me, particularly on weekends when I would like to log in from home.
                          Jerry Fields
                          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                          '06 Concours
                          My Galleries Page.
                          My Blog Page.
                          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Apparently the powers that be have more important lives and priorities than taking care of this site..which is fine and to be expected..however this site is listing to port....we're on life support ...new members want to join but cant..
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Update per BNE's request.

Hey folks,

Here is latest reply from the Database GURU/IT guy who's involved with handling the majority of the workload for the upgrade. It's kind of technical jargon that I'm not totally knowledgeable about, but I'm sure some of you IT guys will understand. JP is the Owner/Webmaster, you know me, and Mike is the Database Guru. Yes BEN, apparently we do have lives outside of XS11.com and looks like it's going to POT for Mike, so I can understand what happened during the Holidays and such. I hope he doesn't mind me posting this from his EMAIL reply to me! I've removed all email addresses/last names and such, so it's fairly anonymous for him at least.

And since the site is broken beyond my capabilities, that's partly why I've taken a short sabbatical from the site UNTIL the upgrade gets done, I can't do anything ADMINISTRATIVELY at all right now, I can't fix forgotten passwords, logins, register new members, etc. The ADMIN section is also hosed, so right now "we" are just floundering until the upgrade can get done. Sorry I can't do anymore.
                              T.C.
                              ************************************************** *******
                              "quote" Hey TC,

I dropped the ball. I learned a divorce is in my future this year. Thus I have not been *thinking straight*...
                              I will revisit setting up the upgraded site in the near future. Perhaps that will be a good diversion.
                              I keep looking at the 30 years of "stuff" I have accumulated and it is daunting.
                              Since I am unemployed I am researching where I want to live and subsequently work a few more years.
                              Selling the house here will be a windfall but the cost of living in the Silicon Valley is ridiculous.
                              This may be my ticket out to free America!

Mike
                              ************************************************** **********
                              On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 2:29 PM TC wrote:

Hey there Mike,

I saw this last email from you to JP and his reply, could see/read the Encredulity in your post regarding no need for "testing" of the upgrade. Just wondering if you've thrown up your hands in disgust or what?

I haven't been on the OLD site for over a month, just got a FB plea from one of the members asking what's happening, that they/we thought we were just a few weeks away from performing/installing the upgrade, and then in their eyes nothing has happened since??

Just wondering?

T.C./Curtis
                              ************************************************** ***********
                              On 12/15/2018 2:10 PM, Mike wrote:
                              > What are we testing?
                              > We already tested on my home machine.
                              >
                              > Next stop is a production upgrade.
                              > Done on a new environment is safer and have a fall back
                              > or
                              > we upgrade production in place.
                              >
                              > I'm confused.
                              >
                              ************************************************** ***********
                              > On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 11:07 AM JP(WEBMASTER/OWNER of XS11) wrote:
                              >
                              > Spoke to Elliott (317) 406-0054.
                              >
                              > He recommends using a subdomain for testing. Call him to work out the details.
                              >
                              > Best regards,
                              >
                              > JP
                              ************************************************** *********

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 12:22 PM Mike wrote:

Ahh I would call that staging - which would/could be promoted to production or be the final code line used in a production upgrade.

Mike

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 10:17 AM JP wrote:

Environment between Dev & Production

Best regards,

JP

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 11:57 AM Mike wrote:

Thanks for the update.
                              What exactly is a Q environment?

Mike

************************************************** **********
                              On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 8:06 AM JP wrote:

I'm expecting to hear from the hosting company about a Q environment. I'll provide details when they contact me.

Best regards,

JP "/quote"
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thankyou TC...
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment