Serious long distance riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious long distance riding

You all REALLY oughta' read this article! Some may possibly even be familiar with him and his name.
    Those of us that claim to be be LD riders ain't got nothiin' on this ole boy! BTW, he's doing this next week and can be followed on your puter!

New long distance endurance record attempt
    Interesting read: http://newatlas.com/motorcycle-endur...e589a-89989526

Also, any and all comments most welcome and appreciated!

This was just posted by a member on the st-owners.com site.
    Last edited by motoman; 02-15-2017, 02:21 PM.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    You all REALLY oughta' read this article! Some may possibly even be familiar with him and his name.
    Those of us that claim to be be LD riders ain't got nothiin' on this ole boy! BTW, he's doing this next week and can be followed on your puter!

New long distance endurance record attempt
    Interesting read: http://newatlas.com/motorcycle-endur...e589a-89989526

Also, any and all comments most welcome and appreciated!

This was just posted by a member on the st-owners.com site.
    Hi motoman,
    Link does not work for me. New Atlas something went wrong appears.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

^^Ditto^^

Link not doing what it is supposed to.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Hi motoman,
        Link does not work for me. New Atlas something went wrong appears.
        Phil
        Thanks for bringing that to my attention Phil! Tried it and didn't work for me either. I'm sure there is someone here that could fix and get that to work, as I am definitely no puter guru, just a gear head to the max..

Maybe Dean R. or Ben who are also a st member on the site could make the link work. Maybe even Skids? How bout it guys?......a little help here?

For most part, don't usually follow links at all, but THIS one is definitely interesting as it has several questions asked of him along with his answers and input.........way good read!
        Last edited by motoman; 02-15-2017, 03:08 PM.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Guess that ol' boy couldn't make it from one forum to the other....
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Guess that ol' boy couldn't make it from one forum to the other....
            Guess that ol' boy be me.........but hey, dragged over the link, hit COPY and then PASTED here......guess missed doing something correct. Y'all want me to try that again? End up link a double post, but hey, could work. That interview article IS way cool to read!........input from him as to diet prior and such is really interesting and his wife is a professional nutritionist and such..........and both are over 50yrs. old!
            Last edited by motoman; 02-15-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Okay, tried it on the site without signing in........worked perfectly.
              So, know it's the long way, but here goes:

type stowners.com
              upper left, click FORUMS
              scroll down to RIDING FORUMS and click on long distance riding
              click on that first input by Vinny(JeffH knows him well)
              click on that link and there you have it!

Comment

I'll try it... I stayed at Vinny's one night when i picked up Swampy in Peach Tree City last Aug...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Let's see...works for me..
                  http://newatlas.com/motorcycle-endur...e589a-89989526
                  Last edited by madmax-im; 02-15-2017, 05:39 PM.
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

My longest day in the saddle was coming back from Moonshine Ill...860 miles in 18 hours on my '01 ST1100..in 2012
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Your link works Ben, I think it was just Brant.

Just got off the phone with him.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                        Your link works Ben, I think it was just Brant.

Just got off the phone with him.
                        LMAOooo
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          My longest day in the saddle was coming back from Moonshine Ill...860 miles in 18 hours on my '01 ST1100..in 2012
                          I did one about like that coming back from The Lost Rally in upper Michigan a couple years ago. 800 and some miles from there to Russ' place in Shawnee, Ks. in about 12 hours.

Got turned around on some back roads in Wisconsin and then had to stop and get woke up just north of Des Moines because I fell asleep for a few seconds on the bike. Was happy for the rumble strips then..
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

An interesting read. He starts out as a humble tradesman but ends up as a Contractor. I have met other Record chasers. They are a breed apart.
                            Phil
                            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I'll try it... I stayed at Vinny's one night when i picked up Swampy in Peach Tree City last Aug...
                              Yeppers.............and JeffH knows him well, and his newly built home. He used to work with him. JeffH told me he uses his older home and large workshop for those needin' to work on there bike and place to stay.

I met him when I was in hospital after my T-bone crash summer before last. Him and his wife were cruisin' around the country on his 1800 Wing. Super nice folks.....specially to drop by here at the hospital!........nice surprise, and it don't get much better than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X