Right on! That's excellent news!
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Great news! Hopefully the good new keeps coming!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Prayers & Thoughts

Looks like the worst part may be behind You & Nancy, T.C.

Hopin' & Prayin' for the best for Yinz and Yours.
        1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
        1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
        1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
        1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
        1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Thank you for the update and hope it keeps getting better and better from here on out.
          -Mike
          _________
          '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
          '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
          '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
          '79 XS750SF 17k miles
          '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
          '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
          '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Thats a very encouraging prognosis and one that we all pray will continue to lead Nancy back to a full recovery and health...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Appreciate the update. Progress is good, even if slower than you would like it to be. Hope the progress continues!
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

TC,
                You and Nancy are in my thoughts and prayers.
                Bob
                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Update and a favor to ask.

Hey folks,

It's been 2 months since her surgery, we saw the doctor/oncologist yesterday....they were running a bit behind, like 2.5 hours! He was pleased about her healing of the inside of her mouth, but she's experiencing some scar and contraction processes. Because of the extent of the surgery proximal to her left jaw junction, she's developed some contraction of the joint, and can't open her mouth very much right now making it difficult to just take the prosthetic device in and out. She'll have to have some physical therapy to try to loosen up the joint so that she'll be able to open her mouth enough to be able to eat more than just pudding and milkshakes. Her lip has also formed scar tissue and retraction so that it looks like she's doing a very strong Elvis impersonation!

There is a thing called a Tumor Board, where a group of knowledgeable experienced Oncologists review the pathology results of the Tumor, the lymph nodes, the other studies like the PetScan, and then make a recommendation as to any other treatment they think will be prudent to help reduce the chance of recurrence of the cancer. And so, even though she had clear borders on the tumor pathology, and her lymph nodes were negative, and her Petscans were also negative for metastasis, because of the aggressiveness of the initial tumor invading the gum/bone, that they feel she should undergo a series of radiation therapy to try to help ensure the eradication of any possible stray tumor cells near the surgical site. It'll be small sessions every day M-F for 6 weeks or so. But she'll be able to take herself to the treatment facility. She's being released to return back to work on Monday which is what she's wanting to do!

Once she's done with the Rad tx, and the tissues/burns have healed, then they will be talking about getting her some plastic surgery to fix her mouth/lip, nose, as well as the very loose skin on/under her neck from where they removed the lymph nodes.

So...it's still a bit of a road to run down, but it's still good news in that she doesn't have to have chemo, and so the prognosis for recovery is good.

Now, I want to thank everyone for their thoughts/prayers and such. But I want to ask you all to do it again for another member's wife. He wrote to me in a PM after reading Nancy's story. Hers is a little larger than Nancy's, and is possibly in a place that is not amenable to surgery as the primary treatment, so she's having to have chemo and radiation therapy first in an attempt to stop it's advance, and hopefully to shrink it down so that there will be less trauma when they are able to go after it surgically. Hearing about Nancy's endeavors has given them a bit more hope in hearing about someone else with this terrible condition and persevering through it. I won't say who it was to respect his and his wife's privacy, I know he'll read this, and he may or may not publicly reveal who he/she is. But I'm sure he/she would also appreciate your posts of faith, encouragement to urge her to be strong and fight this evil disease.

T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

May God hold You All in His tireless arms.

Happy Birthday T.C. !!!
                    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I think it goes without saying that we are all praying for you both as well as all others who are afflicted with this terrible disease.

May God bless you all !
                      Mike Giroir
                      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Prayers offered up for you and Nancy, and the member's family as well. Keep up the good fight!
                        79 F
                        Previously owned: (among others)
                        1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
                        1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                        1973 Suzuki TM 125
                        1979 XS1100 F
                        2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                        1991 BMW K75

Comment

Good news

Sounds like the almighty is lending a hand.
                          I'm sure we all hope the good news keeps coming !
                          76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                          80 XS650 G Special II
                          https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                          80 XS 1100 SG
                          81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                          https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                          AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

With Heavy Heart

TC we are so happy for Nancy's news and recovery. Your positive thoughts and wonderful updates. This is great news for Nancy to be able to return to work it is a milestone Maryann dreams of. Yes through PM's TC has been a great inspiration for myself and Maryann I can't thank him enough. It helps tremendously to have someone who can relate. We are very appreciative of TC. These are difficult times for us since we found out just before Christmas and we are in for a rough year.
                            Thank you all for your thoughts, support and prayers.
                            Gordon & Maryann
                            82 XJ1100J
                            81 Venturer
                            Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

Working...
                            X