No announcement yet.

Well, it was my turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect choice! I mean, when you come to the Colorado rally in July (you are coming, right) you will most likely be on a Kawasaki. Kawasaki is the new Yamaha and the official "non-Yamaha" bike mfg of the Colorado Rally... Jerry's C10, Roo's Nomad, Bob's C14, my ZRX1200 and now your C14.

XJOK2PLAY (Bob) has his C14 outfitted pretty nicely, you can do a lot to that bike!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
      Well, the bike has been replaced, and NOT by a Yamaha! The local dealer "over the hill" didn't REALLY want to sell the bike he had. I went and looked at it, showed him the phone photo of my old bike, told him I was looking for an FJR, and when I called to take it out for a test ride, he said he needed an hour to get it ready. I was there an hour later, and the bike was still in the same place, against the back wall with three rows of bikes packed together between it and freedom. It's STILL there, as I walked out and called another shop, and I now have a 2011 Kawasaki Concours for a commute vehicle.
      I did about 110 miles on it yesterday to get used to it, and I DO need to change a few things so it "fits" me a little better. So far, I'm happy with it. The rain we are getting, now that I have a motorcycle again, keeps me off it fro now, but Friday is supposed to be clear.....
      Hey Ray!
      Sorry to hear about the BMW. Glad you're OK!

You made an excellent choice for a bike! Same year as mine, too!
      PM me some time when you get a chance. Love to talk more to ya about it.
      I've modded mine a lot, and now I can do long rides w/ no problems.
      I can share some of the things I've done, and where I got stuff.

Bob
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Congrats

Congats Ray on purchase of your Connie. Some times you get lucky. With so many good bikes out there, No need to put up with poor service from a local dealer. That is a quick bike. Glad to hear you still motoring regularly. Kind of fun to adjust and fit a new bike to you,

Happy motoring,
        Brent
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Brent, we need to ride together again!
          Bob, I will pm to see what you have done. I have bar risers as of now, and a Cee Bailey shield as soon as I sell the BMW saddle bags that were at home when the bike was totaled.
          Yes, I should be able to make the Colorado Rally! Already got a "well, I guess" from SWMBO.
          Scott, we need to meet up in Paso again, I think.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Works for me.
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Nice to hear, DiverRay. Having another from the 2011 Durango Rally sign on is great.

Last year was going to be 20 bikes from 9 states, however due to mechanical woes for some of the California contingent (and not sure what happened to the Arizona rider) we ended up with a few less bikes but still 8 states with Illinois, Georgia, Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas and California (Colorado too...) being represented.

Durango 2011 was my first Rally (Thanks CaptonZap, for inviting me to go with you) and the "inspiration" for the re-kindling of a Colorado rally in 2014 and again this past 2016 summer. Looking forward to 2017 and the honor of hosting you guys and new guys again!

We have fun in all aspects, we are safe, and encourage riders who may want to do their first rally to come join us whether on an XS1100, on any Yamaha or on any bike they want to ride!
              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                Nice to hear, DiverRay. Having another from the 2011 Durango Rally sign on is great.

Last year was going to be 20 bikes from 9 states, however due to mechanical woes for some of the California contingent (and not sure what happened to the Arizona rider) we ended up with a few less bikes but still 8 states with Illinois, Georgia, Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas and California (Colorado too...) being represented.

Durango 2011 was my first Rally (Thanks CaptonZap, for inviting me to go with you) and the "inspiration" for the re-kindling of a Colorado rally in 2014 and again this past 2016 summer. Looking forward to 2017 and the honor of hosting you guys and new guys again!

We have fun in all aspects, we are safe, and encourage riders who may want to do their first rally to come join us whether on an XS1100, on any Yamaha or on any bike they want to ride!
                ....Glad to have been able to provide the addiction and inspiration in 2011 Howard!
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

You done good, Brant.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post

You had me from Missouri as well.
                    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                    '82 XJ1100
                    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                      You had me from Missouri as well.
                      Who was there from Kansas?
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I was thinkng Bohn was on the Kansas side of the river? If not, I did not make mention of Missouri, so my apologoies!
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Forgot Bohn was there. He might be on the Kansas side.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Yes, Bohn lives in Shawnee, Ks.

Can't forget about Harry, too!
                            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Harry is on the MO side of the river, I just re-read his info. Crap, we had another state in attendance last year and I didn't even count it. Apologies to Harry "What's the penalty for 60 over" Henderson
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

LOL, no problem Bonz. Lots of people forget Kansas City is in MO as well as KS.

And maybe I should add that quote to my signature.
                                Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                                '82 XJ1100
                                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                                X