My buddy is gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My buddy is gone.

We became friends 15 some years ago. Actually I tolerated his existance for a while. We had little in common and he got on my nerves with his neediness. Time passed and we grew closer despite his "sissy" demenor. Anytime I sat in my recliner or crashed on the couch, he would be there wanting his back scratched. He seemed to know when I grabbed the truck keys, whining in anticipation of of a ride, which I gave into. Nose to the wind and curly hair covered ears flapping in the breeze, he was happy, as I was. I felt my man card was in jeopardy with a poodle hanging is head out the window of my "macho" lifted 4x4 but that is what sunglasses are for. He became a regular on our boat outings. Looking silly in his life jacket, he reveled in standing on the bow, same curly ears flapping in the wind. Anchor in a cove and he would joyfully bail off the stern and command his position on my tube, often spilling my beverage. He was persistant when it was time to play tug-o-war with a old sock. He gave me peace after a bad day with his ever present wagging tail when I got home. Tucker was a small, white poodle, hardly a macho mans dog. But he stole my heart and became my best bud. Rest in peace little buddy, I do and will miss you. I know a lot of us here have lost a bud like this and it is a sad thing. Sometimes macho is over rated.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

I'm so very sorry. It's so hard when they cross the rainbow bridge.
    I'm glad he had such a great life with you.

Lots of positives for you and the family.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Hard to lose a good dog... Been there.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

sorry for your loss, I know the feeling all to well, and will know it again, for my newest bud is now almost 14 years old.
        FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
        1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Sorry your buddy is gone

I lost my pound puppy about a month and a half ago. Indeterminate age, female Scottish terrier mixed, looked like a miniature Wookie.

Always ready to have her belly rubbed or to beg for food and treats.

They are only here for a little while but they give you their heart and soul.
          Man, it just sucks when they die.
          I'm sorry for your loss, I know how much it hurts.
          79 SF & 80 LG MNS
          73 & 74 RD 350's
          73 Honda CL 450
          Graveyard - '81 XS850 Special

All of my bikes are projects, maybe one day I'll have them running.

Comment

I understand the loss it will take time but you will be able to handle it better. You never really get over an animal that means that much but it will get easier to deal with. Be glad you had a long time with him and it was not an unfortunate early loss.
            To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
            1980 G Silverbird
            Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
            1198 Overbore kit
            Grizzly 660 ACCT
            Barnett Clutch Springs
            R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
            122.5 Main Jets
            ACCT Mod
            Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
            Antivibe Bar ends
            Rear trunk add-on
            http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Sorry for your loss

I lost my good Kitty buddy ,also Tucker, this winter.
              79 1100 SF Carmine Red stock
              85 Honda v65 Magna
              70 Yamaha HS1 90cc twin Californian Orange
              02 Road King (retirement gift)
              First bike-s 2-1967 Yamaha YM2C Big Bear Scramblers

Comment

Ditto

All I can say, dog and cat are 16 yrs. old, showing the age as am I.
                Been there before.
                Hang in there !
                76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                80 XS650 G Special II
                https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                80 XS 1100 SG
                81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Ya

been there done that. English springer from old age, pound hound I had to shoot after a car hit her and then a golden doddle that ate rat poison. Hard to do. They are mans best friend for a reason. Sorry for your loss!
                  mack
                  79 XS 1100 SF Special
                  HERMES
                  original owner
                  http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                  SPICA
                  http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                  IOTA
                  https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                  https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                  Frankford, Ont, Canada
                  613-398-6186

Comment

Sorry to hear you bud has passed on. As owners of 6 cats and 3 dogs, plus a few more cats that call my garage home, SWMBO and I are well aware of the feelings when one of your 4-footed family members passes on.

WildKat mentioned the Rainbow Bridge. For those not familiar with this bit of writing, here it is:
                    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
                    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
                    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
                    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                      Sorry to hear you bud has passed on. As owners of 6 cats and 3 dogs, plus a few more cats that call my garage home, SWMBO and I are well aware of the feelings when one of your 4-footed family members passes on.

WildKat mentioned the Rainbow Bridge. For those not familiar with this bit of writing, here it is:
                      That's pretty good. Soon as I get these things out of my eyes, I am gonna print it out and put it next to his ashes. Sheet like this sucks, no matter if you "did the right thing". We have lost four animals in as many years. Like Tucker, they all had long and what I hope was happy lives. Still sucks.
                      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

sorry for your loss...
                        80 SG, work in progress

Comment

Sorry for your loss.....we went from 6 to 3 over the last year...not easy.....
                          Good you had your time with him.....Respects....
                          Mark
                          1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
                          1992 Ducati 907ie
                          2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

Sorry for your loss... I think of the time when I too will be facing the same feelings, every time I watch my mostly-deaf, 15y/o chow/retriever mix struggle to get up out of his bed. Enjoy them while they are here, because they do enjoy us, no matter who we are.
                            1980 XS850SG - Sold
                            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                            -H. Ford

Comment

We know when we let them in they will one day rip out our hearts. Condolences on what I know is a devastating loss.
                              "Venturered" 80 XS1100G - "DoraMax" getting sort of resto/destro ed.

Yeah it's a pretty blue, but just because you're old is no excuse to buy a bagger. Fortunately I have wrenches.

Comment

Working...
                              X