No announcement yet.

saving pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we have to send pictures off site to be able to post them here, maybe it has something to do with where they were originally sent by the poster?
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

Hey Dean,

They are both Photobucket hosted photos, but the link to them is different that is on our site. The ERROR occurred for me as well with Brant's photo!!!

Some of the other differences I see is that Gregs photos were NOT resized by our site's software, they are the right size for the site.

Jeff/Brant's photo is too large, and so it is resized by our site's display software.

SO...then I clicked on Jeff's photo to view the FULL SIZE image, but instead of just showing the image in the same browser window at the original size of the photo, I'm taken to the Photobucket site to view the photo within Jeff's library/folder there.

I did the right click on that image and tried to SAVE AS, but the photo again got corrupted when it saved! I then used the DOWNLOAD button on the Photobucket page where I was viewing the photo in his album/folder, and it THEN saved the photo correctly and was not corrupted. SO...it looks like it may be some settings in Photobucket....that prevents direct downloading of the image from OUR SITE, but will allow it once you click on the photo and view it on photobucket, and then select download from the option choices on the photobucket page!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Good to know. I don't use PhotoBucket (host my own photos) so can't comment on those settings. An alternate could be to use a "grabber" program; photos will not be in high-quality mode since you are capturing screen resolution. Many are free.

http://www.howto-connect.com/top-10-...r-windows-7-8/

In addition to grabbing photos off the web these programs are good for constructing "how to" note and tips using shots of menus. I use one often to prepare training materials for new hires.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
        X