safety course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The early days - -

My first rider safety course was 1970 at MCBC Pendleton. It consisted of before getting a vehicular pass for my motorcycle was to sit in a classroom and told that no matter where we road, we were required to use a white helmet with a 2X2 inch white reflective sticker on the back of the helmet only.
    Could only ware approved liberty clothing or the uniform of the day while riding off base.
    No two up riding on base.
    Any volition of these restrictions or one moving violation citation while riding on or off base would be permanent suspension of motorcycle privileges.
    At that time, jeans, t-shirts or any shirt without a collar and athletic shoes were not acceptable liberty clothing.
    How things have changed.
    1979 XS 1100 Special - Nicknamed "MONSTER"

ATC fuse box
    Braded stainless brake lines
    4/2 aftermarket exhaust(temp until stock is re-chromed )
    V-Max auto cam chain adjuster
    Brake light modulator with reserve brake light bypass
    Vetter Windjammer III faring
    Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”
    James Madison, The Federalists Papers

Comment

Originally posted by je2wheeler View Post
      At that time, jeans, t-shirts or any shirt without a collar and athletic shoes were not acceptable liberty clothing.
      How things have changed.
      Reminds me of the line in the new movie "The Intern": "How in one generation men have gone from guys line Jack Nicholson and Harrison Ford to..."
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
      X