Broke down at 10,000 feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you made it, John!

Sounds like it all worked out for you and the Mrs. then. That's good!

Thanks again, for all you did to help us save $$ on the trip.

There wouldn't have been any need for guilt, either John.
    That's what friends are supposed to do for one another, right? Help when needed? I felt bad about not being there to help ya out.

Get some rest!
    L8R!
    Bob
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

'82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Alright! Have nice cold raft beer as you float on down the street! Yeah!

-- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Home!

Albuquerque to Tulsa in just about 12 hours. Average about 55 mph. Good for being on a bike. 650 miles.

All my tires are still good, no stripped rear drive splines, engine not locked up, just a leaky right fork seal. Probably because we went down some pretty rough dirt roads in Arizona.

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Dang Greg, shoulda' grabbed an extra SealMate when John and I were at the bike shop here gettin' a new 'shoe' on his front wheel. He picked up one and for the $6, they can be a lifesaver for a leaky fork when on the road.......re-use a billion times if needed, and WILL save you an UNNECESSARY seal replacement. Video of how to use is SealMate.com
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Good run, Greg, is Tod with you or on his way home?

You know ... they sell beef already cut up down at the market, you don't have to go out to the loading pen for a cow even if you can bring two bikes!

-- Scott
              _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Yeah, I made it home a bit before Greg. I averaged 73 mph on the way home. Pretty good on a bike. lol. 8.5 hrs for 625 miles. I got in behind a 350Z for the first tank after we split up and got the first 120 miles in at about a 100-110mph avg. At 95 and above, this thing just smooths out and eats up the miles with ease. I wish it was legal. I got better gas mileage at 100mph than I got at 85.
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

This isn't me, it's just a guy that has a bike a lot like mine in an area I happened to be somewhere around today, following a 350Z.

http://vid30.photobucket.com/albums/...pseg4ior8r.mp4
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Right on, welcome back, Tod!

That so seldom happens for me. Drafting or just following along makes people do weird stuff like call 911 because they're being chased by a motorcycle but yeah, everything does smooth out when you put it in Magic Carpet mode.

-- Scott
                    _____

Comment

Well Tod, not all of us have a death wish.

I set the throttle lock on 85 and still with all the holiday traffic and trucks on I40 I had to pass on the shoulder twice to get past a cluster F..k.
                      Last edited by BA80; 05-24-2015, 08:30 PM.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

My bad, Tod just corrected my backwards thinking. I blame it on the people I hang out with.

It was closer to 10 hours and average of 65mph.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                          This isn't me, it's just a guy that has a bike a lot like mine in an area I happened to be somewhere around today, following a 350Z.

http://vid30.photobucket.com/albums/...pseg4ior8r.mp4
                          Ha ha ha haha........stick to that story. I'll back you up.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

BTW.....I can't get that video to play. I just know you.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Gotta love that XS11/XJ engine sound, under load at speed with that exhaust hittin' those head pipes........music to the motor ears.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                              X