Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.3 gallons to be exact Ben.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Thats neat thanks for the tidbit...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey Mike,

I fixed your photo link. What I did was after I followed your link to Instagram, I then right clicked on the image and selected VIEW BACKGROUND IMAGE, it then took me to another page with just the photo, and the URL at the top of the webpage had the *.jpg ending, I then copied that URL, and then posted it into the thread/post using the IMG tags, not the URL tags, and it then showed in the post.

It looks like it's got some serious front forks assembly upgrade, note the dual piston calipers!! Have fun learning about what makes these things tick, as well as your riding skills. Take a look at the MISC forum, the Why We Are INvisible thread for a real eye opener!!

T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thank you guys all so much! I'm still learning how to use the forum as well. Tomorrow I'll be able to take a post a bunch of pictures and you guys can shower me with wisdom! When I was little people use to say Michael Michael motorcycle. Figured I wouldn't make them liars. Hahaha
          Last edited by MichaelisEvolving; 07-25-2014, 08:34 PM.
          79 XS 1100 midnight special frame with an 81 XS 1100 engine or as I like to call it "Mad Max".

Comment

All but empty.......6.5gal. to the top....but you'll wanna immediatley be 'riding' some of that off the top.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

WELCOME to the forums, Michael!

Feel free to ask any question you may have ... I have found the collective knowledge here to be incredible ...

Rest assured, someone here will be able to help you with any issue that may arise with your bike.

Enjoy!
              Marco

Current bikes:
              1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
              1979 Honda CBX
              2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
              WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

The Venturer is the 81 standard XS. It was built pretty much exclusively for touring and is one of the most sought after XS's.

I can see that it is (used to be) a standard however there's a special tank on it. The reason I said it was an 81 is the engine side cover with Yamaha with a circle around it was only in 81.

What are the first 3 numbers/letters in the VIN on the bike itself? It'll be up on the steering head.
                The first 3 are 2h7
                79 XS 1100 midnight special frame with an 81 XS 1100 engine or as I like to call it "Mad Max".

Comment

OK. 78 & 79 standards both started with 2H7 so yup, it's probably a 79.

That engine either has either been swapped or the covers have. Check the engine number, if it's also a 79 it should start with a 2H7 too.

Here is the VIN ID LIST
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

That didn't work, try this....

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

That didn't work, try this....

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396
                      It's a 79 frame with an 80's engine.
                      Last edited by MichaelisEvolving; 07-28-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

If it's an 80 engine no worries but if it's an 81 ( 4RO, 4R1, or 4W1) you need to make sure you have the correct TCI and engine timing components installed, either a 4R0 TCI or the centrifugal advance unit on the engine for the 2H7 TCI box.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelisEvolving View Post
                              Unless that left side ignition cover and alt. covers was changed, it's an 81 motor, and the carbs are off an 80 seeing the off-set enricher arm.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                                Unless that left side ignition cover and alt. covers was changed, it's an 81 motor, and the carbs are off an 80 seeing the off-set enricher arm.
                                The vin on the engine puts it at an 80. I think the covers are from an 81. The friend who has been building it and now helping me build it said the engine was an 80 but he used parts from other years that fit (I.e. The side covers) but the frame is a 79. His story matches with the title.

Comment

Working...
                                X