No announcement yet.

Enterprise: 1981 XS1100H Bob Jones Custom aka The Navy Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning on it with my son Ryan coming too on his Stryker. Dylan is not able to take off from work though.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Added LED bulbs to the dash gauges, no more squinting!

Also replaced my failing radio with an inexpensive marine am/fm/wb radio.

Got the bulbs from www.flipflopled.com

Speedo takes 2 T53 bayonet style bulb replacements and tach takes 2 194 style push base bulbs. These were about $4-5 each

The VDO gauges also take the 194 style.

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

wow thats impressive lighting...
        Last edited by madmax-im; 07-17-2014, 07:26 PM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yeah but the Cycle Sound still sucks - I may just pull the whole mess off - is there a better alternative?

John

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
            Yeah but the Cycle Sound still sucks - I may just pull the whole mess off - is there a better alternative?

John
            Dont ask me I'm deaf... LOL...maybe one of them mp3 players and earbuds???
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Added LED bulbs to the dash gauges, no more squinting!

Also replaced my failing radio with an inexpensive marine am/fm/wb radio.

Got the bulbs from www.flipflopled.com

Speedo takes 2 T53 bayonet style bulb replacements and tach takes 2 194 style push base bulbs. These were about $4-5 each

The VDO gauges also take the 194 style.

John
              Hi John,
              Now that even looks like the bridge of the Starship Enterprise
              Where is the Warp Drive Button ?
              Phil

Hi John
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

John
                Actually John, that housing mounted there supports the fairing structure and keeps it from fracturing on the backside just off centerline. I knows it is thick material there, but have seen a couple now that have fracturered in these locations. 3Phase's is one of them. Not sure if that would apply to the WindJammer models, but that which I referred to pertains to the style that's on that Venturer, mine, Scotts, etc. Just something to consider.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I had one on the Windjammer V I have on my bike now and I removed it. It wasn't part of the fairing structure itself, just an add on.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

John
                    Got one on my Venturer with a cheapy Pyle AM/FM/SD/USB which doesn't sound too bad.

I did end up buying a Scala Rider Q3 headset for the helmet which I use a lot for calls & playin music or streaming XMradio off the net.
                    Richard

Comment

My Pyle marine radio was cheap and sounds just like yours Richard - unfortunately marine did not save it from the rains this past week - went to turn it on and its dead.

Get what you pay for!

Hey on the plus side it doesn't sound bad anymore - it just doesn't sound at all

John

Comment

Back to my initial point, the fairing IS more structurally sound with housing mounted, which it is on both ends acting as a gusset support for the span distance between top ends of fairing.....ain't rocket science.
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                        X