Getting older and %^$#^!!!!!! stupider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting older and %^$#^!!!!!! stupider

Just gotta vent guys, I am SO MAD I wanna kill something right now. I bought a fuseblock from TC last year and put it on my shelf in prep for the replacement. Decided to get around to it today, and NO F**KING fuseblock and terminals!! Literally destroyed my workbench, workshop, garage, even my reloading room to find that &*&^&!!!!!! thing! So no I gotta buy another one, because I'm a stupid old bastard!!!!!

So now I'm drinking tequila.....
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Get it, get it, get it! Lol. Maybe in one of your stupors, u installed it already and forgot? Lol, jk.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Yeah...and another thing.....ummmmm.....wait....what was this post about???

I know the feeling, and I prefer the feeling of the tequila.

If it helps you any, about two days after you get the new one you will find the old one sitting somewhere REALLY obvious. DAMHIKIJK.
      Last edited by DGXSER; 03-18-2014, 08:20 PM.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Well after a couple of tequilas I'm calming down.
        Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Was replacing all my vacuum hoses Monday. Messin' around with this - n- that, then looked for my needle nosed pliers, dang, just had them. Looked around a bit and started to get pretty frustrated, dang it, I just had them! Well, yeah , I kinda just had them, they were still in my left hand. It's called CRS, you know.
          79 F
          Previously owned: (among others)
          1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
          1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
          1973 Suzuki TM 125
          1979 XS1100 F
          2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
          1991 BMW K75

Comment

I know exactly how you feel. Last week I could not find my MC keys anywhere and had to pull out my spares. After about 5 days of looking I find them in the bike I was working on...
            Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
            80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
            82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
            82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
            82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
            72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
            72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

I hear ya! When I was young I worked with this old guy that was always loosing the wrench he just had. I would say to him "did you check your pocket?". He had a habit of putting whatever he had in his hand, in his pocket when he was interrupted. The funny thing was he did over and over...

Now I find that I am the one that is always loosing something. Not so funny anymore, and I don't seem to have the good sense to just stick it in my pocket. No, I have go and put it somewhere in plain sight where it can only be seen by everyone who didn't loose it!

Ride safe,
              Larry
              Last edited by Yahman; 03-19-2014, 10:02 AM.
              Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
              http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
              82 XJ1100
              80 XS1100G (Project bike)
              64 Yamaha YA-6
              77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
              See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

when I would work with my Dad, I would always have to ask him to empty his pockets...he would always have some tools in there, just a habit,LOL
                Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Forgot

If it helps any, teenagers can be absent minded too. Just they do not care, while we may get peeved.
                  It will come to you if you put your brain it park for a while.

When I first came to Canada and did a cruise / pub crawl etc. I could not find my car later.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

Don't worry, the first one will show up moments after the new one comes in the mail....
                    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                    '82 XJ rebuild project
                    '80SG restified, red SOLD
                    '79F parts...
                    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

You know it could be much worse than you forgetting where you put it. After my first wife died I moved back and lived with parents they needed help now and then. I'd be working on something using a tool and maybe stop to get something to eat come back out start working and something is gone you know like half the brake shoes or 2 spark plugs etc. My dad would wonder out to look at what I was doing and put something up for me. By the time I had convinced myself I had not lost it he had took a nap and forgoten even touching it. Dad was gone for more than 2 years and I was still finding my tools.
                      To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                      1980 G Silverbird
                      Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                      1198 Overbore kit
                      Grizzly 660 ACCT
                      Barnett Clutch Springs
                      R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                      122.5 Main Jets
                      ACCT Mod
                      Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                      Antivibe Bar ends
                      Rear trunk add-on
                      http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Can't Find your Tools

I am sure that this happens to all of us at times. You can make yourself feel better by doing this one thing. Next time you go to the grocery store, mall, etc., sit in your car and watch people walking out into the parking lot. You will see that quite a few of them cannot find their car?????
                        1981 XS1100H Venturer
                        K&N Air Filter
                        ACCT
                        Custom Paint by Deitz
                        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                        Stebel Nautilus Horn
                        EBC Front Rotors
                        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

I once had a hire car arranged for me, I was running late so as the car was delivered I just jumped in and headed for the multi story car park where I was going, parked the car, got out and got to where I needed to be in time.

Coming back I couldn't remember what level the car was parked..... or what car it was, colour, model, nothing. (I have no knowledge or interest in cars) It had the make on the key which gave me a clue, I spent half hour wandering up and down pressing the button on the key until a blue Mazda 6 hazards flashed.
                          Tom
                          1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                          1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                          1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                          1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

a couple weeks back i was working the night shift at our school and in the a.m. waking up the students there was a huge distraction because iof some students behaviors...It was winter and very cold out...I had one hoodie sweatshirt on and over that another jacket...the jacet has 6 pockets and the hoodie has one big handwarmer type pocket.. for some reason I took my glasses off and put them in the sweatshirt pocket...but later when it eas time to go home i couldnt remember where i left the glasses...i looked all over the school...felt all the jacket pockets but forgot abt the swaetshirt pocket...I had to drive home without them but later taking off the jacket and sweatshirt there they were the whole time...DOH!!!
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Tom sorta reminded me of an experience when I was young. First day at a new job near a mall I hunted for a spot to park and finally finding one rushed inside worked my 8 hours. I came out looking all around for my car no where to be found. Being 11:30 at night the lot was empty so there was nothing to do but call the police. They arived and asked what's the story and exactly where did I park. The police officer drove me around and parked crossways in 2 handycapped spots at the other end of the mall was my car. It was a week before my buddy from school told me they lifted my keys while I was at lunch and moved it. I had senior moments all that week wondering if I was going nuts and the next week my buddy Bob (bad Bob) had a busted lip for the 100.00 he cost me.

But I have never lost my car again..........yet
                              To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                              1980 G Silverbird
                              Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                              1198 Overbore kit
                              Grizzly 660 ACCT
                              Barnett Clutch Springs
                              R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                              122.5 Main Jets
                              ACCT Mod
                              Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                              Antivibe Bar ends
                              Rear trunk add-on
                              http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Working...
                              X