No announcement yet.

There's nothing worse than....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, talk about bees in the mouth, not motorcycle related but fun anyway. One day I was walking down the beach checking out the babes, drink in hand, when I took a slug of it. All of a sudden I had two bees buzzing/squirming in my mouth... fortunately my tongue didn't get stung. Felt really weird though, to have bugs buzing in your mouth.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

My younger bro had a yellow jacket fly into his ear and repeatedly sting his eardrum multiple times. They had to vacuum it out still alive. They cave it to him as a souvenir. Yikes!
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I got hit in the center of my head by a bird one day. I use a helmet because I can't take the wind in my eyes so it just scared the sh*t out of me. The same thing happened to my girlfriend......she's too tuff for a helmet......hit her in the side of the head and she couldn't hear for a while. She had bird guts? eggs? sh*t? I don't know what all over and it just about rocked her off the bike. I didn't notice because I was too far ahead of her, when I finally stopped and waited she was a little pissed at me.

I argee about the bees, ever ride in a tee shirt and get one in there that just keeps stinging you over and over. That will make for the fastest stop ever.
        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
        79 DT 100

Comment

Nothing worse than...

Crashing your pristine, low mileage XS? Umm.. 3 times now? lol. (Me twice, son once)

Pre-crashing days..

Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

BEAUTIFUL Tod! I guess I forget you have an XS under all of those XJ's. THIS is an example of a Special that would definitely persuade me to buy one if I did not have my F.
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

That's the one he rolled. It has road rash on the TOP of the gauges.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Nasty

Riding old English bikes in shorts, a drop of oil ( very hot ) would leak from the cylinder head area and blow back on to your exposed leg. Instant burn, but small in area.
                I always seem to get an itch after putting on my helmet.
                Unkle Crusty

Comment

...than living is South Dakota where its been so damn cold you cant work on your bikes.
                  Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
                  Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
                  Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
                  Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
                  Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
                  K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
                  81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                    Mine is the face cheek itch using a full-face helmet. Absolutely no way to disregard the itch.
                    I've often wondered how astronauts cope with that.
                    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
                      I've often wondered how astronauts cope with that.
                      Face scratching space lasers!!!
                      Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
                      Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
                      Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
                      Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
                      Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
                      K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
                      81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                      X