There's nothing worse than....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's nothing worse than....

Alright, here we go. I'm sure I'm not the only one with one of these, but it happened to me today...
    Nothing worse than going down the super slab maintaining a steady 85mph because you're running late and getting a persistent itch in the middle of your back. One that you cannot scratch no matter what you do besides pulling off the side of the road and scratch, but you can't because you cannot afford to lose a single minute... so you bear it and suffer throught it and squirm....
    Any one else...???
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Mine is the face cheek itch using a full-face helmet. Absolutely no way to disregard the itch.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

That's another great one... right??? AArgghhh!!!
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Ouch!

Riding at speed unknowingly into a swarm of bees. Then you see them, but it is too late. You are hoping not to get stung and then POW! - Bee stings you right in your eyebrow close to your nose. You will make the shortest/quickest stop of you riding carreer.
        1981 XS1100H Venturer
        K&N Air Filter
        ACCT
        Custom Paint by Deitz
        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
        Stebel Nautilus Horn
        EBC Front Rotors
        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Holy smokes!!! Bees??? Now, that freaks me out no more than bats, etc.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Nothing worse than..

Hopping off the bike and walking in somewhere to use the restroom and have a loose fitting sock start sliding down and wadding around your foot..
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Should stop wearing a sock in your pants!

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

For me it is when I ride with my face shield up and invariably a bug gets right in my ear hole. My helmet fits tight enough I can not get my finger in there. Have to wait for the next stop and then move my helmet enough to get at it.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

About the bees

When I was 17 I was ridding dirt bike threw path in woods high speed. It was late fall but a nice day. On the trip back I heard him hit and bounce off the goggles and in the side of the helment. In the fall yellowjacket stings are about twice as bad and they hold on stingging which is a bad thing when he stings you inside your ear. That was one of 2 times I have actually been knocked out buy pain. Lucky for me I did not hit a tree but definately tumbled 20 feet off path. So I agree bees are bad news and that was when the shotgun ventalated the last openface helment I ever had.
                  To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                  1980 G Silverbird
                  Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                  1198 Overbore kit
                  Grizzly 660 ACCT
                  Barnett Clutch Springs
                  R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                  122.5 Main Jets
                  ACCT Mod
                  Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                  Antivibe Bar ends
                  Rear trunk add-on
                  http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

X2 Yep, rippin' it up in the dirt, bee in the helmet, ouch !!!

On my '80g got one up my sleeve

Only thing worse than a rock being thrown from a tire of the vehicle in front of ya at 70 mph and hitting your throttle clenched fingers is a rock thrown from a vehicle in front of ya at 70 mph and fracturing your 3 day old wind shield that was installed to protect you from meteor strikes.
                    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Oh . . . I forgot about stones hitting your kneecap on the highway. Gawddddd that hurts!
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

All this reminds me of when I was 16, riding my 1968 Harley Rapido on a city street in. Something hit me in the neck and really 'stung'. It was there for a second, so I grabbed it with my fingers and tossed it aside. Long story short, I am allergic to bees, and by the time I got home (about 10 min.), and told my mom about it, my throat was closing up fast. She took me immediately to our doctor who injected me with epinephrine, and pretty much maybe saved my life. I did have a helmet and full face shield on. Dang bee.
                        79 F
                        Previously owned: (among others)
                        1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
                        1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                        1973 Suzuki TM 125
                        1979 XS1100 F
                        2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                        1991 BMW K75

Comment

another type of pain

Yea,bees, bugs, stones,misc. itchy places are pretty bad.
                          How about this...
                          Wake up on a chilly morn. slug down multiple coffees go for a hard charging ride and be so into it you don't realize that you have to piss until you stop and
                          then you have to go....RIGHT NOW!!!!
                          And you are never in a place to be discreet .
                          78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Talking about Bees! I remember years ago when I lived in Colorado I was riding into town and yawned and had a bee fly into my mouth. Got it spit out but sure was one of my fastest stops I every had done tho!
                            Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
                            87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
                            93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
                            71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
                            69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

been wacked twice in between the eyes at highway speeds by june bugs.it'll brings tears to your eyes,and a very quick stop. will also leave a welt too.
                              when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
                              80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Working...
                              X