Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Have Forest Green Paint on Their Bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Garagamus, your's was the only one I could think of. I ended-up ditching the idea for now, and will stick with the existing yellow. Thank you.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I work at a body shop now...me'thinks I'll have run through most of the colour spectrum by spring. (Then have to move on to "Plasti-dip" and carbon fibre water transfers)
      81 H "Traumaha"
      06 KLR 650
      06 Katana 600 (Sold)
      05 Star 1100 (Sold)
      78 GS1000 Cafe (Traded for a Chrysler 68 Newport)
      79 RD400 (Stolen)
      78 KE175
      Schwinn Tricycle red (with a loud bell)

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
        Too lazy to look through the bike photos. James has me motivated for a possible bike paint with Yammy decals. I like his Black Beauty look, but was thinking of Forest Green too. Figured the gold decals would look good. If not, possibly Carmine Red like my dad's E. Anybody have a paint that matches the Carmine Red? Thanks.
        You may have already seen The Green Hornet Ian but here it is again in glorious Leaf Green..........

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

The 'official' Yamaha black colour has a fine dusting of gold flecks under the lacquer. In the UK, we can still use two-pack paints (which are banned on car resprays). I discovered this when I had Black Beauty resprayed. He was able to get the original Yamaha paint code and duplicate it. Also, here in the UK, via a seller on eBay who ships internationally, you can get replica decals which are ultra thin, so they go under the lacquer as per original. Cheaper decals are thicker and protrude more when the lacquer is applied.

Just thinking, Ian...you sound like you're not too sure what look to go for. Given the availability of cheap bikes (relative to here) in the USA and the plethora of spares, why not watch out for a tank and side panels? That way, you could have the best of both worlds...yellow for when you're feeling rebellious and another colour for when you get ( temporarily) bored with yellow? Just swap the tank and panels over!
          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Yes Greg, when I saw your bike in photos for the first time, I loved it! Very original!!! However, I do believe the Yellow is who I am deep-down inside. Business black with my car, and Screamin' Yellow Zonkers on the bike, lol.

I thought about your idea at one point James, however the seat has the trim and cowl that is painted yellow. And, my seat is VERY nice. So, my only other option is to add to the XS family, or just drool at your ex-Black Beauty pics. I do have many other bikes, so not really sure why I'm so restless in the color of my bike. I really don't want another XS. Next bike on the wish list is a GS1100ES. Already have the modern rice burners that are boring and uncomfortable. Maybe a used ST?
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

A little late, I guess, on this pic, but a nice color:

1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
              1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
              1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
              1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
              1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

^ YESSS!!! Exactly the color I desired!! That would look great with the Yamaha decal striping!
                1979 XS1100F

Comment

Another pic of Gonzo's bike from Gettysburg:

I had an inkling you might like this color and I saw it when the thread started, took a while to find it, but it was buggin' me.
                  1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                  1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                  1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                  1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                  1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                    Already have the modern rice burners
                    Tut tut..that's a very Harley rider-esque description of wonderful Japanese engineering, Ian.
                    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Haha James. There was a point a couple of years ago where my opinion on Harley's changed. I guess I should have said Japanese crotch rockets? My dad's '07 Hayabusa, and '82 Yamaha Seca Turbos, my '03 CBR600, '09 GSX750R, and brother's '12 R1.
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

2014 Triumph-Thuxton

http://www.findsalemotorcycles.com/2...hruxton-2.html
                        Went to the bike show yesterday this is a awesome looking bike also comes in black with gold stripe I myself liked the green with gold.Fuel injected with dummy carbs to look retro abs brakes.

Comment

Do it!

I've been thinking about forest green also. I posted a pic of a steam roller built by...the original... Buffalo Springfield! It was painted in Forrest Green with gold (brass?) lettering and pin striping. It is a very handsome look, and seldom seen today. Do it, and post pics, so I can see if I want to do it.
                          Special Ed
                          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

I wish I could, but ideas have changed, and time is running out. I just want to get the engine painted and back in the frame and be done with it.
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

Here is the Buffalo Springfied steam roller.

Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                              I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Originally posted by Schming View Post

and without her bikini

Flourescent lighting doesn't show her true color but I still Luv Her

She's got the stock paint on her BTW
                                Gee that bikini looks familer, looks good on it.
                                FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                                1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                                1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Working...
                                X