Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Have Forest Green Paint on Their Bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Have Forest Green Paint on Their Bike?

Too lazy to look through the bike photos. James has me motivated for a possible bike paint with Yammy decals. I like his Black Beauty look, but was thinking of Forest Green too. Figured the gold decals would look good. If not, possibly Carmine Red like my dad's E. Anybody have a paint that matches the Carmine Red? Thanks.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Please Meet, Carmela

and without her bikini

Flourescent lighting doesn't show her true color but I still Luv Her

She's got the stock paint on her BTW
    Last edited by Schming; 02-02-2014, 01:45 PM.
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Ahh, your bike is the one I was thinking of with the Carmine Red. It does look different without the gold striping like the 750.

Maybe I'm not feeling the Carmine Red. Here's the thing: I love the attention of the yellow. In-fact, it makes me feel good riding it. But, James's bike looks DAMN good in black with the black engine. And, if I used the decal kit, it would not look good with the yellow I have. But, it would look good with the black or forest green.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

72 pages of bike photos, and what's left is no forest green paint. Weird! I think the game plan is to ride the Yellow out for a month, then get the engine painted to see if I like it. If I get bored, Forest Green with the decal set is the plan.
        1979 XS1100F

Comment

Carmine Red

Ian, I have the Carmine Red (new) formula. Info is still on the paint can from where I had it mixed to paint a side cover.

The old paint code number is no good to today's painters. The guy that painted the side cover had his paint rep get their matching machine come up with the mix. It was a perfect match.
          Last edited by MPittma100; 02-02-2014, 04:05 PM.
          1981 XS1100H Venturer
          K&N Air Filter
          ACCT
          Custom Paint by Deitz
          Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
          Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
          Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
          Stebel Nautilus Horn
          EBC Front Rotors
          Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Carmine Red 1979SF

This is the bike that had the side cover repainted:

1981 XS1100H Venturer
            K&N Air Filter
            ACCT
            Custom Paint by Deitz
            Stebel Nautilus Horn
            EBC Front Rotors

Mike

Comment

MP- Thanks, but I'm ditching the Carmine for now.
              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                72 pages of bike photos, and what's left is no forest green paint. Weird! I think the game plan is to ride the Yellow out for a month, then get the engine painted to see if I like it. If I get bored, Forest Green with the decal set is the plan.
                It won't be weird if your the first !!!

I think the gold decals will look great with forest green metallic

Hey Mike, would You post the paint code for the Carmine Red, please ?

Comment

Here is a Ruby Red I did on the SG I rebuilt last year. It is from a 96 Nissan. I liked the way it turned out.

Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Last edited by jetmechmarty; 02-02-2014, 06:45 PM.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Hmm. It's not as great as I thought it would be. Maybe I'll stick with the yellow on a black engine. I feel lile a teenager with this. Very tough decision.
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

Paint Code

Originally posted by Schming View Post
                        It won't be weird if your the first !!!

I think the gold decals will look great with forest green metallic

Hey Mike, would You post the paint code for the Carmine Red, please ?
                        Yes. I will be where I can put my hands on it first part of next week and will post shortly thereafter.
                        1981 XS1100H Venturer
                        K&N Air Filter
                        ACCT
                        Custom Paint by Deitz
                        Stebel Nautilus Horn
                        EBC Front Rotors

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

It's funny how different colors look in an ad versus in-person. Here's my deal: I enjoy the looks of Black Beauty, but I almost feel like I'd get bored with it. These bikes should be an expression of our inner soul, and maybe Yellow is my way to break free from everything. I feel like such a badass on my bike, lol.
                          1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                            Yes. I will be where I can put my hands on it first part of next week and will post shortly thereafter.
                            Ok, thanxs Mike, no hurry just like to secure and store info as it becomes available.

Comment

Did a green a while back, and a dark candy red/burgundy if it helps...

Its been fully stipped down now with a gold painted frame. Gonna go with a dark metallic brown with white racing stripes.
                              81 H "Traumaha"
                              06 KLR 650
                              06 Katana 600 (Sold)
                              05 Star 1100 (Sold)
                              78 GS1000 Cafe (Traded for a Chrysler 68 Newport)
                              79 RD400 (Stolen)
                              78 KE175
                              Schwinn Tricycle red (with a loud bell)

Comment

Working...
                              X