No announcement yet.

Dallas area XS11 Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, John. Webbcraft had plenty of room to store the bike for me, but you guys are in the opposite direction. Dallas is just 2 1/2 hrs for me.

I think we've got it worked out. Keoki (Webbcraft) and I couldn't figure out a way to meet up there and get all the stuff, so Lee, the owner of the bikes, is going to get a storage unit that's near his house and get a combination lock. Keoki is going up this weekend with his son in law to get everything, drop the 1100 stuff in the storage unit, then take the 550 home. I'll have a month after that to come back and get the bike.

Lee seemed like a really nice guy. If I understood him right, he's got a complete Microsquirt fuel injection system he was wanting to install on the bike. I'm an electrical moron, but I've got smart friends. Guess what they get to help me with at some point? Sounds like as good an excuse for a weekend get-together as any. It'd be nice to be able to tune the bike with a laptop! And no more worries about leaking float needles making puddles in my garage floor during the winter.

Hmmm... Not sure what's all involved, but wouldn't that be a cool upgrade to the Bob Jones Limie bike?
    Last edited by trbig; 10-08-2013, 07:40 PM.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Looks like I will arrange with Lee to make the run this Saturday if it fits his schedule. Will move all the 1100 stuff to storage and pilfer all the really good parts. (That's a joke son). Load up the 550 and head back. Calculations on payback from trbig is gonna rival the national debt.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

You know if you want a REAL 82 XJ550 Maxim we are selling one down here since Dylan has moved on to the 99 Shadow 750....

I will get around to putting it on the FS forum after I get a chance to look it over and make sure its ready - hasn't been ridden since Spring. Probably list on CL for $1750 but will sell to someone here on XS11 for $1250.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
        X