Dallas area XS11 Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas area XS11 Folks

I have a partially disassembled XJ11 along with a bunch of old and new parts. I am 70, just retired, moving to a smaller house, and do not have the energy to finish the rebuild. Bike ran before I began disassembly. Needs transmission fix. I had wanted to install FI as I hate carbs. The bike and parts need to go to someone who will want it, not scavenge it. I will give all of this to the right person who can come and get it. I will need a little time to get it all together and I am out of the country.

If the bike has a title, I'm definitely interested. I have parts XJs.. I need one I can make into a runner. I've got two sons that ride and just an 81 Special they have to fight over.

No rush at all and about to go on a vacation in a week or so and will be out of country as well.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Additional Info

I also have an xj550 that is a runner but presently has the carbs disassembled. Both bikes have Texas titles. The xj11 has the wheels off and the fork stanchions off. I have all the parts. I have new front and back tires plus a bunch of parts. I must move out of my house by 0ct. 30. Both bikes can go to the same home.

Comment

Sending you a PM...

Anyone interested in the 550, please post.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100

Comment

What do you want for the 550?
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

All or nothing

This is an all or nothing deal. I am giving all this stuff away. It will probably fill two pickups. I am not interested in piecemealing this. I have no time for this. I will just give to my Salvadorian yard guy if nobody wants it all. I have $$ invested.

Comment

Lemme see what I can work out with trbig. If nuthin else, I can saddle up and be up there this weekend and just pick it all up. Wouldn't be the first time he has come to Austin to pick up stuff I got for him. Gotta long bed Dodge. Think it will all fit or should I grab a trailer?

Comment

Well, it sounded to me like you wanted someone that would take care of the bike and make it a runner, not part it out, now you threaten to just junk it. If you'd like to see an XJ run again and not get parted out, then I'm your man. If you're going to be a pompous ass about it, not return pm's, not call numbers given, and not answer questions concerning this, then I'm definitely NOT your man. Someone else can part it out or work on your jigsaw puzzle. I've got other bikes I can work on. I just hated to see another one parted out, tore up, cut up, ratted out, or given to a Salvadorian yard guy who knows nothing about them.

Someone wants the 550, I want the 1100. Everything 1100, I'd take. everything 550, he'd take. What piecemealing? They would be gone before you moved out. What's the problem?
                Last edited by trbig; 10-03-2013, 03:57 PM.

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

Sorry

I was in a bad humor yesterday, sorry. Dealing with all this from Europe and buying a house long distance was not my idea of vacation. I will be back in Dallas on Sunday, but will be jet lagged bad. Should be able to get everything organized by next weekend. I think that you both will be pleased. I have a lot invested that will go for free. My loss, your gain. The 550 is on its wheels and stand. The xj is hanging on an engine hoist which can be rolled under a pickup bed. I'll post my cell number when I get home.

Comment

Looks like we can make this deal happen. You can be assured that if its at all possible, both bikes will be back on the road. Not that it matters much, is the 550 a Maxium or Seca?

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
                      Not that it matters much, is the 550 a Maxium or Seca?
                      Don't read so good, do ya boy?

I also have an xj550 that is a runner but presently has the carbs disassembled.

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100

Comment

I will rite this reel slow kas I no you don't reed so good. XJ 550 tells me nothin more than its a 550. I allpaulohgize four my ignorance of XJ models. I looked at pitchers and it looked like thay maid mor than one model.

Comment

See... tells you what I know of 550s.. lol. Thought XJ meant maxim.

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100

Comment

I am flying out of country in a couple days, so it'd be nice to get something going on this? I fly back in on the evening of the 19th, so we were trying to coordinate meeting up with you on the 20th, but I was hoping to get a storage locker somewhere close to you rented before then. That would give me a month to come back to pick it up. That way I wouldn't have to park my trailer somewhere for a week+ while we were on vacation.

I know you've been busy, but this is going to take some coordinating since all of us live so far apart. I've left you my cell number in PM, so feel free to call if that would be better for you. Thanks.

Tod

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100

Comment

If webbcraft can pick up the lot, I can go to Austin to get the XJ stuff and hold on to it til you can come get it.

John
                              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
                              X