No announcement yet.

Open forum post for Christianh626 from andreashweiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True enough Nate. But as I do not believe that they have super powers (mods that is), I do not think they have the right to ban a person over a dispute between a couple of members. Each story has it's side and I have only seen one side so far! Members disputes belong in PM's or other areas that are not affected by a banning of a member.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
      Been a long time since this has come up, but I will repeat the concept as I see it. This site is not a publicly owned thing, it is a server sitting somewhere, someone pays money to operate. It is the efforts of some folks that keep it operating. I think of it like someone opening up their garage or living room for folks to come and gather and shoot the breeze, discuss stuff and such. Now if you come to my garage, or living room and do something that offends me, I am going to tell you to get out go home, and do not step foot back on my property. You can stand on the public street and look at my property all you want, but you ain't coming back in again. Its my garage, my living room, I get to decide who comes and who goes. Same thing for the members here on the site, and the administrative entities.

As to giving the guy a chance, while we can all dream up some possibility as that would explain the lack of attention to the debt, in reality, it is extremely remote that it is anything other than a complete lack of concern with making Andreas whole for the part he sent. If I recall, he has been logged in since, and responded that it was an oversight, and "the check is in the mail." And should he have died, well, he will not be to hurt over his banning then now will he.
      Yes...But if you farted would you not now be a welcome member? Yes there is a certain amount of dreaming in my posts but seriously, have you ever been unable to get on the site? He may have had issues.

I most certainly have been in that particular position. Now you tell me that the situation is irrevocable and that the mistake is not the mods fault nor in any way possible
      Banning is a serious offence here! Banning is the ultimate offence. Does ones inablity to pay ones bills have jack crap to do with his being a member?
      Thing is that if we are all subject to this then where does it end?
      2-79 XS1100 SF
      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
        Yes...But if you farted would you not now be a welcome member? Yes there is a certain amount of dreaming in my posts but seriously, have you ever been unable to get on the site? He may have had issues.

I most certainly have been in that particular position. Now you tell me that the situation is irrevocable and that the mistake is not the mods fault nor in any way possible
        Banning is a serious offence here! Banning is the ultimate offence. Does ones inablity to pay ones bills have jack crap to do with his being a member?
        Thing is that if we are all subject to this then where does it end?
        Well, Ras since he said he left him phone messages the site really doesn't mean jack in this situation now does it.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I read all the past forum mesages and the issue with Christian is he used the forum to plead his need for a part. He was contacted several times and then when contacted by TC he instantly contacted Andreas explaining sorry I had not been reading my PM's for a month and the issue was thought to be resolved.

Many here have depended on Andreas for parts and he has been nice enough to help and work with us. For a member like Christian to use the Forum to for lack of a better word scam parts from a person who makes part of his living selling them is as bad or worse than vulgar posts and defines him as a person that does not respect the community.

What TC did was limit this persons ability to negatively effect the community and scam other persons here using the forum.

As with all things you need rules and principles to guide things. Understand that even though we did not see both sides of the mesages TC and the moderators have the ability to look at both sides and make a judgment that is what we agree to in joining.

I see this as well handled and resolved but for any who disagree maybe a PM to TC to see what all he did to give Christian a chance is better than here in the open eplaining dislike. I am happy because I hate leaches but just my opinion.
          To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
          1980 G Silverbird
          Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
          1198 Overbore kit
          Grizzly 660 ACCT
          Barnett Clutch Springs
          R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
          122.5 Main Jets
          ACCT Mod
          Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
          Antivibe Bar ends
          Rear trunk add-on
          http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

I also agree and stand behind TC, and how he handled that situation...Even if for some reason I fall short of $7 to make my bills, I would still make an effort to contact Andreas, and beg for extension, not just go in a cave and pretend it's all good...
            Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Working...
            X