Open forum post for Christianh626 from andreashweiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open forum post for Christianh626 from andreashweiss

Good morning, You sir are now on my very very small list of persons who I will no longer ship parts to. Please find a new source of parts for your xs1100. Since you have not paid me for the part I shipped you in June 2013 I will have to assume that parts will be hard to find in the future. I have left you three messages on your phone. I have send you four private messages. You did reply by PM indicating your were sorry about delay in early July 2013 and I assumed you would send the $7.00 for the wheel spacer. Since then you have ignored my polite and repeated requests for payment. I have to advise the other members of your behavior. Please do not bother contacting me to pay. I have written you off. thanx andreas

Its people like that, that screw everyone else up. I have heard of you helping a few people out on here before they pay and I think that is very good of you, but then you get the ones who get what they want and then just forget about you. Sorry this happened to you, hopefully something very rare with go wrong with his bike and he will be screwed over a $7 part.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Dear Mr ChristianH626,

Because of this transgression, and your inaction to rectify it in a timely manner, your account privileges have also been revoked. Your account is now banned which means you will not be able to LOG IN, send PMs or posts. You will still be able to read the site posts/threads, but will not be able to post/contact or engage in any other transactions with any other members.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Edit... sent PM
        Last edited by trbig; 08-02-2013, 05:07 PM.
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I guess your a standup guy afterall?

In all honesty, when I first joined the forum and you sent stuff to my inbox the moment I mentioned needing a part in the open, I wrote it off as spam.

If someone will get banned like this, I guess your well known on here huh?
          79F
          "Excelsior"
          Honda gl1100 handlebar
          Vetter IV fairing with speaker system
          OE headers,Jardine slipons
          Hid headlight 6000k
          Stock jets
          Shinko 712 F & R
          Oe hardbags and luggage rack
          TC fuse block
          K&n filter with oe airbox
          Raptor 660 Acct

Comment

Originally posted by sparkfly88 View Post
            I guess your a standup guy afterall?

In all honesty, when I first joined the forum and you sent stuff to my inbox the moment I mentioned needing a part in the open, I wrote it off as spam.

If someone will get banned like this, I guess your well known on here huh?
            If you need a part, Andreas has great prices and ships promptly. He has helped a lot of us here. Definitely not spam.
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Just a reminder to some of the folks that perhaps hadn't seen this thread, but this has gone on for some time now!

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=christianh626

This was not a snap decision, Christian was given ample time (over a month) to rectify this situation. It was only $7.00 .

He can still use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page to plead his case, and possibly earn his privileges back.

T.C.
              T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                Dear Mr ChristianH626,

Because of this transgression, and your inaction to rectify it in a timely manner, your account privileges have also been revoked. Your account is now banned which means you will not be able to LOG IN, send PMs or posts. You will still be able to read the site posts/threads, but will not be able to post/contact or engage in any other transactions with any other members.
                I have to disagree!
                I hate to say this but since when does this forum decide who does business with whom and how do they conduct said business? If he was owing money to Lowes, should he be banned from Dunkin donuts as well? I have had nothing but great service from Andreas and I would like to see him get his money. He is one of the best guys we have for getting not only the right part but one that shines. So do not get me wrong as i love dealing with Andreas.

The choice to do business with Christian626 was in fact Andreas's choice. The fact that he sold parts and shipped without payment is also his choice. The fact that christian626 did not pay is deplorable! I know Andreas counts on us being honorable but there are some who are not.

That said, I myself, keep much of the info ...addresses, names, money agreed to and other things in my PM messages. Now with banning christian626 (christian being a funny name in this particular thread) he can not access those Pm's. He does not have any way to plead his case unless he basically sucks up to the mod's. Then after he promises to pay what the mod's believe is owed he can contact Andreas to figure it out? Something is rotten here!

I believe that Andreas has had far more success stories than failures. I also believe that while it is only 7 bucks that there may be a reason for non payment. Obviously the part was received as he did return Pm's about it. Does anyone know if the guy has had any issues like health or a divorce or something.

My point is that it is not the business of this forum nor its Moderators to control personal business. I also want to pint out that "I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH" Cristian626 not taking care of business and getting this finished.

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                Just a reminder to some of the folks that perhaps hadn't seen this thread, but this has gone on for some time now!

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=christianh626

This was not a snap decision, Christian was given ample time (over a month) to rectify this situation. It was only $7.00 .

He can still use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page to plead his case, and possibly earn his privileges back.

T.C.
                Oh I have to disagree again. Why should he contact us to be able to deal with the issue. No pleading his case needed. Their business is theirs! Ours is bikes and helping each other. Meddling in business affairs is not what we are about!
                2-79 XS1100 SF
                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

when was the last time he logged in? Maybe he died,
                  "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                  1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                    I have to disagree!
                    I hate to say this but since when does this forum decide who does business with whom and how do they conduct said business? If he was owing money to Lowes, should he be banned from Dunkin donuts as well? I have had nothing but great service from Andreas and I would like to see him get his money. He is one of the best guys we have for getting not only the right part but one that shines. So do not get me wrong as i love dealing with Andreas.

The choice to do business with Christian626 was in fact Andreas's choice. The fact that he sold parts and shipped without payment is also his choice. The fact that christian626 did not pay is deplorable! I know Andreas counts on us being honorable but there are some who are not.

That said, I myself, keep much of the info ...addresses, names, money agreed to and other things in my PM messages. Now with banning christian626 (christian being a funny name in this particular thread) he can not access those Pm's. He does not have any way to plead his case unless he basically sucks up to the mod's. Then after he promises to pay what the mod's believe is owed he can contact Andreas to figure it out? Something is rotten here!

I believe that Andreas has had far more success stories than failures. I also believe that while it is only 7 bucks that there may be a reason for non payment. Obviously the part was received as he did return Pm's about it. Does anyone know if the guy has had any issues like health or a divorce or something.

My point is that it is not the business of this forum nor its Moderators to control personal business. I also want to pint out that "I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH" Cristian626 not taking care of business and getting this finished.

Oh I have to disagree again. Why should he contact us to be able to deal with the issue. No pleading his case needed. Their business is theirs! Ours is bikes and helping each other. Meddling in business affairs is not what we are about!
                    Whats right is right. I think TC done the right thing. If you mess somebody over, you have no need to be here. This forum is all bout helping people and making good friends. Knowbody wants to help someone who screwed over the very person who helped them. He answered the PM so he knows what hes doing. Its really none of my business but I have had this happen to me, not on the forum, but with people I knew. Also, this affects others of us who may be on a trip and have an emergency and need someone to send us a part and pay later. If people just get away without paying then no one will do business with anyone. I know most everyone would pay first anyway, but you never know what may happen. also, TC said he can contact him to plead his case but I am sure he is so embarrassed by adreass post that he wouldn't be on here anymore anyway.
                    Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
                      Whats right is right. I think TC done the right thing. If you mess somebody over, you have no need to be here. This forum is all bout helping people and making good friends. Knowbody wants to help someone who screwed over the very person who helped them. He answered the PM so he knows what hes doing. Its really none of my business but I have had this happen to me, not on the forum, but with people I knew. Also, this affects others of us who may be on a trip and have an emergency and need someone to send us a part and pay later. If people just get away without paying then no one will do business with anyone. I know most everyone would pay first anyway, but you never know what may happen. also, TC said he can contact him to plead his case but I am sure he is so embarrassed by adreass post that he wouldn't be on here anymore anyway.
                      I totally agree that what is right is right. This should never have come to the forums attention if christian626 had done the right thing. I am saying that I do not think that the forum has the right to do so without both sides of the story.
                      I do not know if you know better than I do but I have never heard anyone but Andreas's side of the story. Banning someone simply on a one man report is kind of like.....WRONG.
                      2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

I haven't heard both sides but I understand what you are saying. but, really, no matter what happened except maybe death or hospitalization should kept him from paying the $7. You have to pay your utilities or they get turned of, your bills or you get bad credit. Its just andreas made such a kind act and is getting ignored. Not totally ignored, he did respond to the PM. I do understand where you are coming from though.
                        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
                          I haven't heard both sides but I understand what you are saying. but, really, no matter what happened except maybe death or hospitalization should kept him from paying the $7. You have to pay your utilities or they get turned of, your bills or you get bad credit. Its just andreas made such a kind act and is getting ignored. Not totally ignored, he did respond to the PM. I do understand where you are coming from though.
                          I agree with everything you have said! I love the way Andreas treats me and the high quality of his parts is truly wonderful.
                          My question is does the forum have the power/right to ban a member over a dispute between members? I think not and I believe the mods have over stepped their bounds by doing so.
                          Dispute is between the members and not a site issue. However!!! The issue of trust has been made and I do not think that anyone, myself included has any sympathy for someone who does not pay their bills.
                          2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

The forum is a privately operated site. Mods and admin can do whatever they want really.
                            Nathan
                            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                            K&N Filter
                            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                            OEM Exhaust
                            ATK Fork Brace
                            LED Dash lights
                            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                            SS Brake Lines
                            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                              My question is does the forum have the power/right to ban a member over a dispute between members? I think not and I believe the mods have over stepped their bounds by doing so.
                              Been a long time since this has come up, but I will repeat the concept as I see it. This site is not a publicly owned thing, it is a server sitting somewhere, someone pays money to operate. It is the efforts of some folks that keep it operating. I think of it like someone opening up their garage or living room for folks to come and gather and shoot the breeze, discuss stuff and such. Now if you come to my garage, or living room and do something that offends me, I am going to tell you to get out go home, and do not step foot back on my property. You can stand on the public street and look at my property all you want, but you ain't coming back in again. Its my garage, my living room, I get to decide who comes and who goes. Same thing for the members here on the site, and the administrative entities.

As to giving the guy a chance, while we can all dream up some possibility as that would explain the lack of attention to the debt, in reality, it is extremely remote that it is anything other than a complete lack of concern with making Andreas whole for the part he sent. If I recall, he has been logged in since, and responded that it was an oversight, and "the check is in the mail." And should he have died, well, he will not be to hurt over his banning then now will he.
                              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                              X