dumped bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumped bike

So yeah dumped the bike. I was riding to get gas and turning the final corner all clear and all of a sudden a freaking scooter hit my rear end and yeah he did a little dump on his across the intersection and mine lost nothing. Seat came loose and mirror is a little damaged. Of course best part is the cop that saw it all. The scooter was passing a car cause he didn't wanna wait and didn't see me in front turning. He is fine and I'm OK. Bike started right back up after I picked it up and parked it on the side of the road after starting it. Got to say these bikes are very sturdy and strong. Scooters not so much. So all in all I'm OK and so is the bike.
    79 SF

Wow, did I just give advice? should I be doing that?

1983 GL1100 bored to a 1300 sold
    1976cb750 project gifted to brother
    1979 xs1100s currently working on

Wanting to have that head turner that makes people shut up!

Glad you are ok! Hope he pays for any damages.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Oh he will. I'm going to be checking the bike now. So far new highway bars and mirror
      79 SF

Comment

Both mirrors are available OEM new!

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...IRE/parts.html

items 21 & 22
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Use the pain in your back that showed up after the incident as leverage with his insurance company when they want to discount the replacement cost of your parts, and labor.
          CZ

Comment

If you go new, they may well want to total the bike before you know it.

I would go over it pretty good, look at your Muffler and pipes good. look over the engine covers, turn signal lens and stalks. End of your bars and grips/ levers. And yes , those two point "engine guards" are pretty much useless. They bend easy and do more damage to your engine covers than letting them rub on the pavement would have.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Sounds like you took a good shot and restrained yourself pretty good, I would have had my boot up the morons ass. Glad your ok.
              81 H

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                .... And yes , those two point "engine guards" are pretty much useless. They bend easy and do more damage to your engine covers than letting them rub on the pavement would have.
                That's a true story... They give protection if the bike falls over when parked, but if you're moving forward at all they fold right back and knock fins off the cylinders among other things....
                Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                '82 XJ rebuild project
                '80SG restified, red SOLD
                '79F parts...
                '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

You should have laid there on the ground and started talking to your mother or something. You'll get a lot more for damages to you than to that old bike.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

So, update on this.

I have since gone to the guy that hit me and we spoke. I showed him that my highway pegs are busted and that my helmet is damaged. I brought him the price of a new exact helmet and highway pegs and he flipped his lid on me!!! I explained to him that I still hold the right to get an attorney if he feels the need or we can settle this out of court. He told me that he will order them when he gets the money for it. I explained to him that I understand. I reached in my saddlebag that I have pulled out the contract that I typed up with him noted as the person liable for all charges resulting from the accident and he refused to sign. I told him that this is my insurance policy that he isnt going to skip out on me. I told him that if he didnt sign that I was going to get a lawyer. I now have a signed contract that he is going to be paying a even 1000 for everything. He has till the end of the year to finish paying or he can purchase the parts and have them shipped to me directly. He said he was going to buy the parts for me keep the receipts for me and all. So all in all this is working itself out.
                    79 SF

Comment

Working...
                    X