No announcement yet.

Wheelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in 76 I had a 250 dirt bike that I rode to death. The guys I rode with we kinda made trails in the worst of places so bikes suffered greatly. I had a throttle cable that needed replacing because it hung at times but still one evening while the neighbors down the road were having a family reunion about 50 people I was running up and down the driveway popping and riding wheelies up in second shift to 3rd lock the handlebars to the side and fly by.

On one of my better runs the throttle hung in third so I cooly slipped right off the back and let the bike go landing slidding on my feet and then down to my knees I got up and started brushing the dust off thinking man I was slick not tearing myself up on that one. And then I heard " My friend " comming right back to me. It hit me wide open third gear headlamp bam into my hip up over the bars and down on the ground I went. Now well cured of my insanity I picked up the bike and limped back home with it. Man what a stone bruise on my hip when the doctor lanced it a few days later I bet there was a half handfull of matter that came out.

My neighbors later explained that after I slid off the bike it wobbled dancing down the road went up on bank side fell over on the foot peg spun around rared up and took off straight for me just dropping the front wheel before it hit me.

I dont think I ever just let a bike go since, even though I have hit the ground and tumbled since.
    To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
    1980 G Silverbird
    Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
    1198 Overbore kit
    Grizzly 660 ACCT
    Barnett Clutch Springs
    R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
    122.5 Main Jets
    ACCT Mod
    Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
    Antivibe Bar ends