$6,000 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $6,000 ???

Good to see some of the brothers are still smoking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Road-...orcev4exp=true
    1995 KZ100P
    Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
    Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

OOOPS put 2 extra zeros on the BUY IT NOW
    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
    80 XS650 G Special II
    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
    80 XS 1100 SG
    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Hey, It expensive in New York! lol
      Stephen-Catskills

1980 XS1100SG
      Raptor 660 ACCT, Kerker turnout exhaust, progressive fork springs, Showa shocks and Tkat forkbrace.

Previous ride.
      1982 XJ650 SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by Surge 58 View Post
        Hey, It expensive in New York! lol
        Move to a RED state.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I sent him a nice message explaining 11 pricing. Not sure if it will help or not. Good chance he will just be mad at me.
          Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
          Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
          Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
          Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
          Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
          K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
          81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Hey Ba,

I've been to Oklahoma City twice visiting a client in the early 90's and had a great time. If and when I retire It definitely won't be in NY. maybe red it is!
            Stephen-Catskills

1980 XS1100SG
            Raptor 660 ACCT, Kerker turnout exhaust, progressive fork springs, Showa shocks and Tkat forkbrace.

Previous ride.
            1982 XJ650 SOLD!

Comment

Optimistic Or Clueless?

Just think what the buy it now price would be if the bike had a grab bar:

Comment

It says 3000 buy it now. I think my $500 xs is nicer than that one.
                Jeff
                77 XS750 2D completely stock
                79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Somebody got to him. Reduced buy it now from $6,000 to $3,000. Still silly.

I paid $400 for mine. Cleaned the carbs. Broke the clutch free. Cleaned the brakes up. Now it looks and runs great.
                  1995 KZ100P
                  Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
                  Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Down to 2K, but I'm not sure about it at that price! Cheap pods, VERY POOR fuse mod, and he does NOT have a picture with the drag bars, probably because of the cables/wires/hoses that go all over...
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Are there guys who think one can flip a bike the way we see people flip a house on TV? Clean it up, add a couple of new parts, and it becomes a modern bike? Quite a revelation to go from $6K to $2K as a starting point. There have been very few primo bikes shown on this site, a place where one could expect the best of the best as far as XS11s, for which I'd drop two large. The one he's got pictured isn't one of them. And anyone who's shopped on Ebay or Craig's List knows the wide range of performance that "runs great" can mean....
                      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

2k may be 2 much

The more items that are not stock makes any (old) bike worth less $. So if you change out some parts, it is wise to hang on to what you took off. You can sell with the bike when the time comes. This can be a deal maker/breaker.

Could be a nice bike and may be a nice bike, but it will likely sell for < 2K. I'm thinking $1400 or less.

MP
                        1981 XS1100H Venturer
                        K&N Air Filter
                        ACCT
                        Custom Paint by Deitz
                        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                        Stebel Nautilus Horn
                        EBC Front Rotors
                        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

My first thoughts when I looked at the listing was $1400 tops and most of that was due to the low miles on the bike. However when you really look at it and see all the items missing not to mention what looks to be a painted front fender, inline fuses and who knows what else my estimate came down to $1000 tops and probably closer to $800. What has me curious is why the seller only posted two pictures with the listing, what doesn't he want a potential buyer to see? If it wasn't for the fact that it would probably land me in divorce court I would be tempted to bid $750 just to get his reaction

Comment

Originally posted by DCII View Post
                            My first thoughts when I looked at the listing was $1400 tops and most of that was due to the low miles on the bike. However when you really look at it and see all the items missing not to mention what looks to be a painted front fender, inline fuses and who knows what else my estimate came down to $1000 tops and probably closer to $800. What has me curious is why the seller only posted two pictures with the listing, what doesn't he want a potential buyer to see? If it wasn't for the fact that it would probably land me in divorce court I would be tempted to bid $750 just to get his reaction
                            You didn't even mention that the tank is beat to hell. Bid $450 with an if.
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                            X