Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
    Hi Steve,
    if you'd ever owned a Jag powered Jag, now that would have really bugged you.
    Oh, but I do.... That's why the one I drove had American power...
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

47 Ford

Ford started putting hydraulic brakes in the 38 delux and all models in 39.
      Your car would have had a 221 cu side valve ( flat head ) 24 stud engine, with the water pumps back on top of the heads. Likely had a 2 barrel model 97 carburetor. The distributor was probably up high rather than down low in front of the engine. Suspension would likely be the transverse springs that let the cars roll a lot. Solid front axel that helped many shimmy a lot around 80mph. Horsepower would be around 85.
      The three speed gearboxes liked to jump out of second and many engines overheated. The rear end had probably progressed from using key ways.
      So there was a lot of ancient technology in some very pretty lines.
      They used Bedford Cord on the seats of many cars.
      Headlining was usually a wool material rather than cotton. Wool was better.
      Good plan to replace the engine, tranny, brakes and rear end on the early Fords, which is what I did with my 37 Ford hearse. However I left my 33 stock.
      Unkle Crusty

Comment

Working...
      X