Wonder why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
    Heavy nitrous use can beat the ring lands out of the pistons.... even forged pistons... DAMHIKIJK....
    I seriously doubt if it's been heavy use. The tranny and clutch would give up WAY before the pistons IMHO.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Well I see one little thing that may be a tell tale sign. The engine and all really looks clean like new polish etc but the board under the kickstand has tell tail signs of oil like a dip line. May be simple maybe not but I would have used a clean board. You all know the bikes stay pretty dry untill you have been into them but break the covers like to do gear work in the tranny and you get them little leaks that can be hard to seal.

Now I could be wrong as it could be something else on the board but generally people put the same one they use as a drip catch under the stand.
      To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
      1980 G Silverbird
      Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
      1198 Overbore kit
      Grizzly 660 ACCT
      Barnett Clutch Springs
      R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
      122.5 Main Jets
      ACCT Mod
      Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
      Antivibe Bar ends