Wonder why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder why

Wonder why this bike keeps coming up on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-...orcev4exp=true
    1995 KZ100P
    Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
    Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

It looks pretty cool but does anyone want to spend that $$ on a bike that old?
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

It doesn't look that well thought out. It's a bunch of money and awkward looking. On a bike that old, I expect the NOS would detract value rather than increase it. If I were spending $2K, the more stock it is, the better it is. My 2 cents.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Altered bikes (or any vehicle) are nearly always a tougher sell than a stock piece, particularly the more mods there are and how well they're executed. Decent looking bike, but definitely a very limited pool of possible buyers...
        Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
        '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
        '82 XJ rebuild project
        '80SG restified, red SOLD
        '79F parts...
        '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
        '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
        '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
        '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
        Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
        Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Aches n Pains View Post
          Wonder why this bike keeps coming up on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-...orcev4exp=true
          High price of Nitrous?
          Hangout for people with more money than brains?
          CZ

Comment

I can give you 2,000 reasons.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

When it was first posted there was lots of information about the owner and builder. Can't remember who it was but he was well known. It had sat in a cycle shop window for several years. Too bad all that provenance seems to have been lost.
              1995 KZ100P
              Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
              Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Opening at $1,000 or $3k Buy it now.

So spendy but overall looks cool. I would like a smaller NO2 bottle. Looks weird. I would make it a bagger with NO2 in a side bag. Real SLEEPER!

I have a hard enough time figuring out a stock bike. I would have to move closer to a real guru to buy this bike

John
                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Overall the bike is cool and I actually dig the style but that tail section is hideous. It would be a 1000 times better is the passenger section of the seat was removed and that tail moved up. It's like that jammed that seat in there to fit... It almost looks like a legitimate race replica if it wernt for that passenger seat.
                  Last edited by WMarshy; 05-07-2013, 09:54 PM.
                  '79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                  GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

One sees that on Craig's List as well; someone has a bitchin' paint job with ghost flaming skulls and skeleton mirrors, and all you can think is, "I wonder if he still has the stock mirrors? And that paint is hideous!"
                    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Looks Like

Looks like it is in a drag bike configuration. If so, it does look the part at least. Certainly isn't what it used to be by far. I am with Marty - the more stock, the better.

MP
                      1981 XS1100H Venturer
                      K&N Air Filter
                      ACCT
                      Custom Paint by Deitz
                      Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                      Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                      Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                      Stebel Nautilus Horn
                      EBC Front Rotors
                      Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

One wonders how hard the bike was used with the Nitros too. It could be on the edge of the engine turning into a handgrenade.
                        Ole Jack
                        Last edited by xs11jack; 05-10-2013, 05:14 PM.
                        J.D."Jack" Smith
                        1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                        1978E straight job
                        "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about the engine, they are pretty near bullet proof. The tranny and clutch are a different story though.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Heavy nitrous use can beat the ring lands out of the pistons.... even forged pistons... DAMHIKIJK....
                            Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                            '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                            '82 XJ rebuild project
                            '80SG restified, red SOLD
                            '79F parts...
                            '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                            '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                            '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                            '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                            Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                            Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by xs11jack View Post
                              One wonders how hard the bike was used with the Nitros too. It could be on the edge of the engine turning into a handgrenade.
                              Ole Jack
                              Or maybe a crotch grenade?
                              buffalo
                              80 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
                              X