Which XS/XJ Model do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting responses so far...

Works out to about 1.7 bikes per voter with 52 voters, so there's a fair number of us with multiples. And given that you can only vote for one of each, that number is low. Adding in the 'extra' bikes listed in the responses, that put the SF at 18 and most popular, the E at second at 13, and the XJ at 9.

Some of us definitely have 'the sickness'...
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Hi |Steve,
      Thanks. This poll has turned into a bit of fun and is very informative too.
      Interesting that E and SF are first years of their respective models and currently lead in the poll.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
        Interesting responses so far...

Works out to about 1.7 bikes per voter with 52 voters, so there's a fair number of us with multiples. And given that you can only vote for one of each, that number is low. Adding in the 'extra' bikes listed in the responses, that put the SF at 18 and most popular, the E at second at 13, and the XJ at 9.

Some of us definitely have 'the sickness'...
        Hey Steve, I was wondering how those with two or more of a model could have the second on counted, since there was no way to indicate it on the poll.
        I have 2 80G's, but I only was credited with one by the poll.
        Oh well, I'm a piker compared to some of you.

CZ

Comment

CZ, that was one option the site wouldn't allow...
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Me too. I have 2 SG bikes.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

I own a 79 xs specail. I think I've owned it for some where around 12 years. Don't think I'll ever part with it

Comment

So far, it's 60 Specials to 42 standards, and the standards have an extra year of production.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Not sure what the exact production numbers are but the special outsold the standard I think because of it's styling. Being one of the fastest bikes of it's time I think most people who bought them wanted the sportier look.

That's just a guess though. I seem to see more specials for sale than standards.I think that's simply because there are more of them.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I voted for my daily ride, a 79F and my 79SF project bike. My father has a 79F and a 78E which I didnt count in my vote... I think he snatched up a 80 for parts as well...
                    '79 XS11 F
                    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Had a brandy new SF until it was not new anymore at 56K I sold it to my bud. He rode it around the great lakes twice and Mexico once. He came back from his second great lakes trip with only 1 3 5 gears then went to Mex. and back. I never did a thing but service, brakes, tires and exhaust.

Now I have this 81LH I'm still sorting out with 12K on it owned by an old man only used to ride the grand kids around the block. Coming along but not as good shape as my 79 was with 56K in some respects, just did not get used enough.
                      Don };~)
                      76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                      80 XS650 G Special II
                      https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                      80 XS 1100 SG
                      81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                      https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                      AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

One at a time ....

81 XS650 Special -- first bike, 7 years ago, "training wheels."
                        79 XS11SF -- bought off Ebay in Grand Rapids, flew up and rode back to ATL
                        80 XS11G -- purchased as parts bike, but rode it home from a local buy.
                        80 XS11SG -- Wow. Bought from Bibleman March 2011 in Orlando, rode back to ATL. Consistently the best riding experience of my life. I am hooked. 20K miles in 2 years. I need to ride more.

Peace!
                        Mike Farrington
                        Suwanee, GA USA

Current: '80 XS11SG, '97 Vulcan 1500, '73 CB750
                        Previous: '79 XS11SF, '80 XS11G, '81 XS650

Comment

right now
                          2-79 f s
                          1-80 lg
                          1-81 lh
                          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                          1981 LH

Comment

79 XS1100 Special. Just purchased in June 2012. I feel kinda lame compared to all of with multiples of these bikes, but I am happy to have the one. Hope to get more riding in this year, was out of commission 4 weeks late summer trying to find what turned out to be a leaking petcock.

Steve
                            79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Originally posted by unicorncomputer View Post
                              I feel kinda lame compared to all of with multiples of these bikes, but I am happy to have the one.
                              Steve
                              Not to worry about piddly crap like that. Any who are multiple owners started with just ONE. It is kind of like a cancer in that if you let it ....it will consume you. Maybe a new name for the disease is needed. That way Doc's can prescribe us Ritalin or something similar.
                              2-79 XS1100 SF
                              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

79 special....sold, currently frame up resto/rebuild 81H
                                81 XS1100H

Comment

Working...
                                X