No announcement yet.

The Life of a Snowmobiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least you are all we for next year! Seems like that IS the life of a Snowmobiler...work 2 hours on the sled to ride one! Or maybe that was just me...haha. I guess you have to pay if you want to play, right?

Jerry, for me that snow looks too set up. You can go anywhere on that stuff haha. Time to get the bike out mate, and wait for the fluffy stuff again next year!
    Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yep owning a Polaris, is an adventure is waiting the engine to grenade. I've got 1000 or so miles on my 2011 RMK PRO though with no issues yet.

2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
      2007 Kawasaki KLR650A
      1979 Yamaha XS1100SF
      1971 Kawasaki F6 125

Comment

Originally posted by T99Ford
        Jerry, for me that snow looks too set up. You can go anywhere on that stuff haha. Time to get the bike out mate, and wait for the fluffy stuff again next year!
        I do get off trail, but only when group riding. Out here you are a long way from help if you get stuck or break down. Very little cell phone coverage so you can't call for help. Ridding cross-country is a blast, though. Fresh powder is the best riding you can get.

May not be completely done for the year, high country is still getting snow, but the end of the season is near. I had the ATV out for a ride yesterday....
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Ha, I hear that. The area we rode the most at home only had cell service on one ridge. I've seen more than my fair share of sleds come out at the end of a helicopter long line. Seen even more come out backwards with the track on the tow sleds tunnel, or a-arms held together with tree branches... Even rode out on one ski once. Ah, the old back-country adventures!
          Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
          X