No announcement yet.

loading your motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I do recall those brakes. Talk about a hair trigger!! If you rested your foot on the brake you were coming to a dead stop in ten feet or less, in a land yacht of a car. Coming from driving a 68 Chevy Biscayne station wagon with manual everything, to driving that car. Well, the first few stops were pretty interesting.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by CRXSi90 View Post
      LOL, I don't think I'll be using the method in that last video anytime soon!

Yeah, I hear where you're coming from on the trailer thing. Unfortunately u-haul charges on the order of $100 for a one-way trip, and pushing on $60 if it's returned at the same location but 4 days later. Those are the realistic options for me, but it's tangential to this discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

One redeeming thing about the 2wd mini trucks like the S10 and such is that they do have low beds. Unfortunately, they're not very long, though.
      around here you can rent a 5x9 ramp trailer for a m/c for $20 dollars/day...its an open trailer and it sounds like what you have quoted for 100 bucks would be something a bit larger perhaps an enclosed trailer...I have used the 5x9 ramp trailer more than a few times and its always been an easy haul...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

The best I have found to put heavy street bike in a truck. Is to find a deap ditch to back the truck into and load the bike from the road. I bought a old ugly 4x8 trailer and threw some new wood on her. I think I have 150 bucks in it. works great for my bike or mower or whatever. Plus I dont have to loan out my truck when someone is moving just my old crappy trailer. On another note I have a friend whos son races motorcross a few years back after a foul weather day of racing on a wet muddy track they were loading the bike on his motorcycle trailer. While they were pushing it up on the trailer his hand slipped off the swing arm and pinched the tip of his thumb off between the chain and sprocket with a glove on. He didnt look at it till the bike was strapped down and the got into his jeep to leave. He lost it between the first knuckle and the nail. ouch
        1982 xj 1100
        "The Ape"
        http://youtu.be/AiQ8CqclHr4

Comment

I have a painters scaffold plank that I use for a ramp. It's aluminum, 18" wide and has hooks at the end. It's a little over 7" long and so far has worked out pretty well with my 4X4 truck. I wouldn't dare try to ride a street bike in cause they almost always bottom out if I'm parked level. The last parts bike picked up would barely even role, so I winched it up straight in the air and backed under it.
          "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Working...
          X