Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xsilerating View Post
    We've set an all time record up here...

there has never been this much snow on the ground - as of the 7th day of January - since they began keeping weather records.

Nice to get in the record books but, I can think of better ways than for the accumulation of SNOW!

How much, you ask? Well, I've got about 2 feet of the crap sitting on the top of the roof of my new shed.

I'll be joining you folks down south next year... I've had enough of winter!

2 feet is a record?!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
      2 feet is a record?!

Ha ha ha..........Ain't that a fact Nate? I've seen more than that in Montana too.

That's why I live in Oklahoma now.

It's been fairly nice here, 50s - 70s (Fahrenheit) up until a couple weeks ago then it dropped down to 30s to 50s. Still no snow but there's pretty chilly rain coming down right now.

Oh well. another 6 -8 weeks and it'll all be good.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I always manage to get out 2 or 3 time in January. This weekend is looking good for a ride around town. I might even drop in and visit slowMo if it's a really nice day
        BDF Special
        80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
        Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

I am in Ft Wayne tonight, and there is piles in the parking lots bigger than my house. So, once this all melts off, the ole Mississippi will be rolling again I would think. I bet some of the usual spots on the Ohio and Miss might get some flooding in yet this year.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

winter of our discount tent

Originally posted by hamjam View Post
            madmax-im send me your email addy and i'llsend you a recent photo from here
            Jim
            Greetings Jim and fellow SOXS riders.
            I bought a tent on Sale at Walmart.
            I plan to camp at the BMWNEF winter rally.
            Jan 18-20. I will report on ride and performance
            of my Winter discount tent.

happy motoring
            It is a great big beautiful world out there
            Brent in GA
            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
              2 feet is a record?!
              That's on the ROOF of my SHED. We've had a lot more than that. In the week before and, the week after Christmas, we had approx. 115 cm or 45" of snow. In one 12 hr. period we had about 48 cm or 19" of snow.

The record is for the amount 'on the ground' as of Jan 7th, in any given year.

And, winter ain't over yet but, fortunately, we're getting a bit of a 'thaw' this week.

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              Ha ha ha..........Ain't that a fact Nate? I've seen more than that in Montana too.

That's why I live in Oklahoma now.

It's been fairly nice here, 50s - 70s (Fahrenheit) up until a couple weeks ago then it dropped down to 30s to 50s. Still no snow but there's pretty chilly rain coming down right now.

Oh well. another 6 -8 weeks and it'll all be good.
              Yes, but we're referring to inhabited areas.

Quote: "Even Ottawa, the capital city of Canada and the snowiest capital city in the world... " Quote taken from http://www.helium.com/items/2014791-...e-world?page=2

In other words, we get our fair share and then some.

1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
              1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
              1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
              1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
              2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Nice here today, I spent the whole day on my patio, casting lead bullets.
                Ole Jack
                J.D."Jack" Smith
                1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                1978E straight job
                "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by xs11jack View Post
                  Ole Jack
                  I hear you brother.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by xs11jack View Post
                    Ole Jack
                    Very nice!!
                    Nathan
                    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                    K&N Filter
                    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                    OEM Exhaust
                    ATK Fork Brace
                    LED Dash lights
                    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                    SS Brake Lines
                    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

no snow here all gone ?? thanks to an extremely warm weekend just passed ,,so its the 15th of January an d i think we have been lucky here in s.Ontario touch wood!! very strange the winters of my youth were very snowy1 i bought a snow blower 2010 used it once ok fingers crossed waiting for spring ,,ride safe slow mo!
                      The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                      moemcnally@hotmail.com
                      i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Working...
                      X