Wheres Winter???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheres Winter???

January...been grilling on the back deck the past week....its 55* sunny... clear blue skies...I'm going for a ride...BTW they're calling for close to 70's for the weekend... who needs Key West?
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Don't know but I don't care! Calling for 50's this weekend!

On the other hand, whatching the weather this morning (3am) looked like nearly the whole country was in the low 40's and under except the gulf coast.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

we are snow covered here in southern Ontario ,,but calling for a warmer week and temps look good for the rest of the month so maybe just February to deal with! might be wishful thinking ,,but i,m waiting for that day !!! you know the one!!! ride safe slow mo!!
      The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
      moemcnally@hotmail.com
      i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

the winter of our dicount tent

madmax-im send me your email addy and i'llsend you a recent photo from here
        Jim
        Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
        Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
        and SOXS
        2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

4-5" snow on the ground,but not to cold,lows-in the 20's,high's-in the 30's.gonna be in the low 40's rest of week,I can live with that till April.
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Roads clear, few inches of snow remaining and 15degrees for a high today and twenty some days of not getting above freezing..........no riding happening here till this inversion leaves..........
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Where's winter, it's 80F down here. Sorry
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                Where's winter, it's 80F down here. Sorry
                Do you still have bugs this time of year? Sorry

CZ

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post

CZ
                  funny you should say that...yesterday it was warm enough for some bugs to re-appear...got a few splats on the windscreen too...so my guess is FL has bugs all year round too.
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Missouri is in deparate straights for water. The Missouri and the Mississippi are so low that the river are begging the local dogs to come p** in the water. I saw a hydrant chase a dog down the street here yesterday. I'd feel a lot better if I saw my neighbor building a ark in his back yard.
                    Ole Jack
                    J.D."Jack" Smith
                    1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                    1978E straight job
                    "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post

CZ
                      Yes we do, not too bad where I'm at, far worse out in rural areas. Winshield gets most of them. Goin' down to 68 tonite, Brrrr.
                      2H7 (79)
                      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Hi Max,
                        winter is alive and well and living in Saskatoon. Today's high minus7ºC dropping to minus12ºC overnight.
                        City main streets clear, side streets snowcovered. Provincial highways snowcovered and slippery.
                        We are seeing a highway collision or rollover death about every second day caused by fools who don't understand that tires don't grip on ice like they do on blacktop.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

-7C,let me see,that's 25F right? That's not to bad.It was 12F last night.Last week we had a low of 2F,that's -30C.I gotta move where Phil lives.
                          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

-7 c = 19.4 f
                            2f = -16c but its a wet cold brrrrrr
                            and here in the "Centre of the Universe" Toronto ;-) it ia a balmy 0c or 32 F tomorrow it will be a heat wave of 5 c or 41 f or 278.15 kelvin... sounds best in f doesn't it :-)
                            Last edited by hamjam; 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM.
                            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                            and SOXS
                            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

We've set an all time record up here...

there has never been this much snow on the ground - as of the 7th day of January - since they began keeping weather records.

Nice to get in the record books but, I can think of better ways than for the accumulation of SNOW!

How much, you ask? Well, I've got about 2 feet of the crap sitting on the top of the roof of my new shed.

I'll be joining you folks down south next year... I've had enough of winter!

1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
                              1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
                              1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
                              1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
                              2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Working...
                              X