No announcement yet.

Scotch whiskey Experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a personal opinion, The only thing that would improve Scotch's taste is a good single malt Irish wiskey as a chaser/ palate cleanser. CZ

Comment

I agree,not a scotch drinker,never have been,I have this bottle and was just wondering about everybody's thought's.It will sit in a corner somewhere till I'm gone.:eek
      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Dunna dis the Scotch, lads!

I developed a taste for Scotch several years ago, but I think single malts are highly over rated: I much prefer a good blended Scotch. When it comes right down to it, the only difference between an Irish whiskey and a Scotch whisky is the spelling: both can be good, or not, depending on your taste.
        By th' by: as I finished typing the word "whisky" it came up as misspelled on the sites spell check. Bloody Saxon spellcheck programmers; thinking "whisky" is a misspelling!
        Special Ed
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

well if there asking $320 for the same bottle I have,then I'm not throwing it in the trash.As I said before,I'll just put it in a corner somewhere.I'm remodeling part of my house,and I thought about sticking it in the wall before I sheetrock,imagine the look on the guys face who would find this in say 100 years..
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Originally posted by Special Ed View Post
            I developed a taste for Scotch several years ago, but I think single malts are highly over rated: I much prefer a good blended Scotch. When it comes right down to it, the only difference between an Irish whiskey and a Scotch whisky is the spelling: both can be good, or not, depending on your taste.
            By th' by: as I finished typing the word "whisky" it came up as misspelled on the sites spell check. Bloody Saxon spellcheck programmers; thinking "whisky" is a misspelling!
            Special Ed
            Well, I like it so much, I think I'll have a dram right now! I don't drink very much of it, so I usually treat myself to what I like best. I like some blended whisky OK, but I rarely buy it anymore. My preference is Speyside single malt and I have yet to taste a blend that comes close.

Cuda, I wouldn't throw that bottle away. Somebody will want it.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
              well if there asking $320 for the same bottle I have,then I'm not throwing it in the trash.As I said before,I'll just put it in a corner somewhere.I'm remodeling part of my house,and I thought about sticking it in the wall before I sheetrock,imagine the look on the guys face who would find this in say 100 years..
              LOL, You mean the guy setting in the cab of the back hoe, pulling the building down, or the fireman manning a hose some night?

I think your best bet is to take a page from PT Barnum, gather all the fluff blurbs about it that you can find, put them and it on Craigslist, and see if old PT was right.

Problems, problems, everybody has problems. CZ

Comment

Originally posted by Special Ed View Post
                Special Ed
                Aww Laddy, ye might be a wantin to check yer sources. Here, straight frum the Wiki's mouth,

"water of life". (Intoxicating liquor, and especially whiskey, is also sometimes referred to in Ireland as "the craythur".[5])

Most Irish pot still whiskey is distilled three times, while most (but not all) Scotch whisky, is distilled twice. Peat is rarely used in the malting process, so that Irish Whiskey has a smoother finish as opposed to the smoky, earthy overtones common to some Scotches.

It's thu taste o' the bog what grits me teeth and puckers me tounge.
                Putuii. CZ

Comment

Working...
                X