• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to be Darwin Award Winner

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/timewas...as-been-found/

Nuts. People are nuts.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Morons-R-US....
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

dumbest thing i have ever seen. I bet he was having one heck of a panic attack.
      Jeff
      77 XS750 2D completely stock
      79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

OK, bad enough he go in that spot to start with, HTF that happened is beyond me, but the solution reached, although executed safely, was by all means the biggest flippin moron move ever.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Ummmmm...

I'm wondering how he got there in the first place?
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Too bad the heard wasn't thinned that day...
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Unbelievable. All it would take is a loose cable, hydraulic line, bit of projecting metal.

Then, he decides to get out! I can't believe it. His clothing could snag, get a foot stuck, who knows? It almost made me panic just looking at the video

Some people do it by accident...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVeirSX-JGE
              Last edited by James England; 06-23-2012, 09:22 AM.
              XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

ps

I would not have posted the previous video if it didn't have a happy ending.

Not sure about this one though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNgL_...eature=related I mean, would you have any sympathy for this moron if he got killed?? I wonder if it's worth doing a poll
                Last edited by James England; 06-23-2012, 09:29 AM.
                XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
                  It almost made me panic just looking at the video
                  ....... +1..........
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
                    I mean, would you have any sympathy for this moron if he got killed??
                    I already feel sympathy for his family.
                    I wonder if it's worth doing a poll
                    Might be interesting...

I remember when the baby was run over. That was nothing short of a true miracle. Still amazes me when I watch it. I was afraid the Mom might get hit trying to go after him.

Here's one:

Served him right

Okay, feel free to roll your eyes after that one
                    lol
                    81 SH Something Special
                    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

WOW ! what a dumb (BLEEP)
                      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

What Award?

Dumb A$$ of the year award maybe! What concerns me more than anything else is that some other moron will watch this and try and copy it. If it happened by accident it's one thing but for the life of me I can't figure out how you get under a moving train?

Comment

When the idiot was getting out, his pal kept filming rather grabbing him and helping pull him out...that is unbelievable.

Getting in there was idiocy, topped only by getting out while the train was still moving.

We had a high school kid get killed here a couple of years ago as he and his two buddies played chicken with a train going full speed; last guy to leap away wins, sort of. He hung in there until he could only get half way out of the way, which wasn't enough. He was a football player, and I am friends with the coach. I asked about the kid, and coach told me, "Last week his dad was asking why he wasn't starting, and I told his dad that he just wasn't quick enough."
                          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Snobs, the lot of you!

Every high risk activity needs careful planning for the perpetrator to survive.
                            How is laying on the tracks as a train runs over you different from skydiving?
                            Or those clowns in wingsuits?
                            Or some nutcase Frenchman shinnying up the outside of a skyscraper?
                            I'd say that the reason the track-clinger is mocked as a Darwin Award candidate while all the rest of the risk-takers are applauded as daredevils is
                            that the daredevil needs serious money and a back-up crew to pull his stunts.
                            All the track-clinger needs is access to a railroad.
                            Mocking the one while adulating the rest is snobbery, pure and simple.
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The difference Fred is the others check all of the various hazards and try to make allowances for them.

This moron only needed one railcar with something hanging low to be converted into a tong-and-firehose cleanup job...
                              Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                              '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                              '82 XJ rebuild project
                              '80SG restified, red SOLD
                              '79F parts...
                              '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                              '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                              '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                              '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                              Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                              Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...
                              X