No announcement yet.

fork brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forked out over $100 to tkat and I'm glad I did... Love the improved handling
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I have one of those on my 79 Standard. It works well but seems to put a tiny bit of outward pressure on the forks. I'm either going to bend it in or replace it with a TKAT brace.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I knew what stiction meant, but I find the subject, when used about bikes, fascinating. In conjuction with motorcycle frontends, is there a way to measure it and any standard to compare that measurement to? Actually you wouldn't need a standard to check and see if the before and after values of a fork brace are the same or close. However, you might want to check the before and after values on things like new fork seals, loosing and tightening of your fender, and maybe the values when removing the front tire and retightening the front axle. I am sure that there are many other things to measure, but the fork brace would seem to be important as a component of corner handling. Just my thoughts on it.
        Ole Jack
        J.D."Jack" Smith
        1980G&S "Halfbreed"
        1978E straight job
        "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          I forked out over $100 to tkat and I'm glad I did... Love the improved handling
          +1 on that. If had known it would make tis much difference I would have done it long ago. Hell, I thought my bike handled good.

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
          I have one of those on my 79 Standard. It works well but seems to put a tiny bit of outward pressure on the forks. I'm either going to bend it in or replace it with a TKAT brace.

Geezer
          It slid right in after I got it past all the obsticals on the lowers. (that was a PITA but I didn't want to take a tube loose) It took no undue pressure to get it in where it belonged and the bolt holes lined up perfectly.

I'll put it to a good test next weekend.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by xs11jack View Post
            I knew what stiction meant, but I find the subject, when used about bikes, fascinating. In conjunction with motorcycle front ends, is there a way to measure it and any standard to compare that measurement to? Actually you wouldn't need a standard to check and see if the before and after values of a fork brace are the same or close. However, you might want to check the before and after values on things like new fork seals, loosing and tightening of your fender, and maybe the values when removing the front tire and re tightening the front axle. I am sure that there are many other things to measure, but the fork brace would seem to be important as a component of corner handling. Just my thoughts on it.
            Ole Jack
            You can measure stiction. Sit on the bike and get someone to hold it for you. Push down on the forks and let them rise until they settle with your feet on the pegs. Have another helper measure from the top of the slider to the lower triple tree. Raise up on the forks and let them settle down, again with your feet on the pegs. Have your helper measure between the same two points. When you do this, be sure you don't bounce. The difference between the first and second measurements is your stiction measurement. Try it. You might be surprised.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Does anyone know if the Tarozzi fork brace will fit a 1979 XS1100 special? Thanks.
              Larry
              1979 XS1100SF
              1981 XJ650 Maxim
              1981 XS650 (Frame off rebuild/mild custom)
              1981 SR500 (Pristine Stock Original)
              1979 XT500 (Configured as a TT500)
              2008 HD Sportster (With Texas Ranger sidecar)
              1967 Honda 305 Scrambler (Frame off restoration)
              1966 Honda S90 (Frame off restoration/My first bike)

Comment

Originally posted by Roadman48 View Post
                Does anyone know if the Tarozzi fork brace will fit a 1979 XS1100 special? Thanks.
                I believe this one will. 25-0036

Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                X